31x10.5x15 on stock..

10.5's do indeed work fine on a 7" rim.

Here is a set of 265/70/16's (they spec like many 31x10.5x15's) at stock height on factory 16x7 rims that have the same BS as the 15x7's. They cleared the lower control arm at full lock but I am not 100% sure there would be no contact if you had a more aggressive tread design:

10.5" wide tires will not fit on stock rims.

Don't tell my Cherokee. I've been running 31x10.50s on stock Jeep rims for years. I also had them on the '88 MJ.

There is slight rubbing of the tires against the front lower control arms at full steering lock. WJ LCAs would take care of that, but I don't have any problem just remembering not to turn the steering wheel to full lock.

you probably did read that somewhere. I know I have. In fact, I think I read that on a tire manufacturers website. But our collective experience has shown otherwise. :D Is 31x10.5 on a 7" rim exactly perfect for the tire contact patch and sidewall bulge and the other specs that measure and bring forth the theoretical ultimate performance you can get out of a particular tire? might not be, but it's soooooo darn close as to be inconsequential in the real world. :thumbsup:

The 235/75r15's BFG A/T's that I have on my truck were free to me because they rubbed slightly on a TJ Wrangler.... the used car dept didnt like the noise that the really nice tires caused, so they told me to replace them with the stock size. So I put them on my truck.... and they don't rub. I know were talking about 31's here, but any rubbing you might get with them will be as on that Wrangler... so minor that it doesnt even hurt the tire... only makes a little noise. I was hoping to find some cheap 31's for mine, but when these 235's BFG A/T's came along, I couldnt turn them down.