I think I need new tires

So this morning I was driving to school. I guess it rained or something the night before because the street was wet. I went to take a turn and fish tailed several times before gaining control. It was extremely fun but kinda scary at the same time because I gained control only a few feet away from a street sign that I would have wrapped my bed around.

Well here's the tire issue. Right now I have 31"x10.5"x15" Maxxis Buckshot Mudders. The tires are alright but I kind of just like them for their size. I am planning on getting some new tires next month or so and was thinking about getting some all terrains. I'm debating on going down to the stock tire size or keeping the 31's. I'm also not sure what tires to get. I recently fell in love with the look of the new General Tire grabber. I think they look really sick. But I still really like the BFG All-Terrains. I'm not sure what to get.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm kinda leaning toward these:

The ones you picked out looks more like a mud tire. I have pirelli all terrain scorpion tires. I love them they looks amazing and work great on both street and off road. I could not have picked a better tire in my opion for driving on both dirt roads and street. They are a high class tire for a low class price. here is there web sight: http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/car-suv-van/innovation-pirelli-products/scorpion-atr/default.page I got mine from tire kingdom. My signature has the tires on my truck. also here is a pic of one:

pi_scorpatr_ci2_l.jpg

Brandon

Those look pretty nice. I don't really like tire kingdom they're really pricey. I'm thinking about getting whatever tire I pick online and then go somewhere to get them mounted.

I found this site but I'm not sure if its legit. Everything is really cheap.

http://www.tires-easy.com/start.html

As for the General Red-Letter Grabber they're advertised as a mixed terrain. They say they were "raised from the baja, tamed for the street"

I think they look really sweet but I'm not sure howd they perform.

thats true. Tire Kingdom was going to charge me $1050 for 4 of the General grabbers and I found them for about $860 on that website.

:eek: I think that I paid 650 or 680 not no 1050!

Brandon

31x10.50 GY Silent Armor ... 130-150 a pop

I dig the way these look .......

http://www.jpmagazine.com/eventcoverage ... to_16.html

http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbuild/ ... to_10.html

http://bubba.smugmug.com/photos/28017513-M.jpg

I also like the GY Wrangler Radials 60-90ish a pop

I also just bought a set in the 235/75 flavor and mounted them on jeep 15x8 Canyons. They ride nice, eat snow, and dig pretty good

i'm surprised it hasn't been asked yet (unless i missed it) but what do you want to do with them? tread design depends on your needs. if your just looking for a tire that looks good, that opens alot of tires up. if you want a tire for dirt, mud, whatever, your tire choices are narrowed.

decide where you want the tires to perform and take it from there.

I was looking at the treadwright wardens in a 31 size. At $80 per tire plus $37 shipping per tire then add mounting and balancing and an alignment I can probally get some BFG ATs for about the same cost if I buy local from a shop that offers free mounting/balancing and alignment.

a true all around a/t tire is the bfg all terrains. that's the way i would go. there's a reason it's a top tire, it performs. every set i've had have outperformed any other tire. i currently have som firestone wilderness a/t's on my stock suburban hunting rig. when they wear out (there about 70%) i'll be getting bfg's. i will say though, the firestone's haev performed surprisingly well. i've put them through rocks, mud, sand, ice, rain, snow, you name it and i haven't had anything to complain about. they have enough traction to pull a tractor out. still, it's bfg's next.

If you stick with 235/75 15 you can get the Goodyear Wrangler Radial for really cheap new. I have them now and they are good tires for low traction times. $78 a tire new.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Wran ... al/4404150

Its the original "all-terrain" tread.

wow. those tires have been around since the early nineties. i've had them on a few vehicles. i even had a set on an isuzu that i took to moab for mountain biking. i took it on some trails and played on the slickrock. they preformed pretty well. ice traction was low so i'd advise sipeing them. that can help with rocks as well. you can't beat the price for such a high quality tire. here, walmart lists them at $65. not bad for a goodyear.

Go with the BFG's. I just ran into the same dilemma several days ago, and holy crap they are wonderful. Also take a look at the General Grabber AT2's. they are 3 times as good as the standard grabber. and are snow and ice rated. They also look like BFG's, and have a 50k mile warranty. My friend put 65k on his set of 235/75/15's with heavy off road use. Your looking around 110 a tire for them. But BFG's I think are the way to go.

Good luck!

-Nate

Go with the BFG's. I just ran into the same dilemma several days ago, and holy crap they are wonderful. Also take a look at the General Grabber AT2's. they are 3 times as good as the standard grabber. and are snow and ice rated. They also look like BFG's, and have a 50k mile warranty. My friend put 65k on his set of 235/75/15's with heavy off road use. Your looking around 110 a tire for them. But BFG's I think are the way to go.

Good luck!

-Nate

:agree: I really like bfg m/t km but havent tried km2. they last long pretty good on road and great on mud, snow, ice, and not that noisy on road. just little in low speed.

well I just rotated my tires. I don't think its been done since the they've been on the truck. They're 31x10.5 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders and the fronts had about 2x more tread than the rear.

Well I got done putting the front tires on the back and the back on the front and the rear end lifted up almost an inch.

wow.