Hazard Flashers working, but Brake Lights interfering!

After spending some time searching for screwy wiring, I discovered that the reason why my hazards weren't working was because the flasher module had been removed! I replaced it, and now the flashers work, however when I depress the brake pedal the hazards stop flashing and just stay on. Once I release the brake pedal they resume flashing. Any ideas about what might be causing this? I've checked the ground behind the driver's side tail light and it seems to be okay. I'm unclear about the ground in the front headlights. Is it on the driver's side, too? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I guess I can scratch that off my list! I figured someone had installed a single filament bulb where there should have been a double filament bulb in the taillight and that is why I was having the hazard flashers stay on when I put my foot on the brake but not with my foot off.

Yep, all cars used to be like that.

Man I feel old. :ack:

Maybe later us old guys will post about 8-track players, floor mounted hi/lo beam switches, and vacuum wipers :doh: .

I had a 79 Scout II with an 8 track, floor mounted hi-beam switch, and I think vacuum wipers too (maybe).

It was manufactured 2 years before I was born.

Maybe later us old guys will post about 8-track players, floor mounted hi/lo beam switches, and vacuum wipers :doh: .

I had a 79 Scout II with an 8 track, floor mounted hi-beam switch, and I think vacuum wipers too (maybe).

It was manufactured 2 years before I was born.

My '78 CJ5 has a floor mount high beam switch, and I even have a period correct AM/FM radio with a built in CB...I think it's a JC-Penny brand. And I am year older than it is.

I have actually owned multiple vehicles with the same hazard light functions...all the way into the '90's even. And I did notturn 16 and start driving until 1993. So it's really not THAT old! jamminz.gif

What's an 8-track?

Rob L.

:fs2:

:D

I can remember when everyone (even nonsmokers) kept a book of matches handy to jam under the 8-track tape to get it to play right.

I can also remember when these

8track_cassette_adapter.jpg

were a hot selling item on the shelves of every single department store.

umn.gif