I need new leaf springs, right?

I'm a noob, so forgive my ignorance. I just got my 87 Comanche last year and love it. It's the Metric Ton I6 automatic with 230K miles. I was doing some concrete work this weekend and had 800 lbs of concrete in the bed when I took this photo. It seems to be really low to me, but I wanted to hear from the experts if this is normal. If I need to get new springs, I'd like to go with as close to stock as possible. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your ideas. This is an awesome forum!

Comanche.jpg

With that many miles, I wouldn't be surprised if your springs aer fatigued and not up to factory load spec.

For $300 you can get a new set from Hell Creek....

For some, thats more than the truck is worth. For others, that's an inexpensive refresh of a 20yo wear and tear part.

I'm happy with my Hell's Creek MT springs, and I got mine before there was a CC discount! Consider giving them a good coat of anti-rust paint before you install, mine quickly got a surface layer of rust after just one salted-roads winter.

Also don't forget quality u-bolts and check the condition of the shackles and shocks! If you're going to be hauling in it, you don't want to cheap out on critical components.