Goodbye to MJ...GONE!

SuperWade2

Well, I now own 3 Jeeps, at least for a while... I went and picked up a 98 ZJ 5.9L today...still have the MJ and haven't heard from the dude who wanted to buy it...maybe I'll find somewhere else to park the MJ for a while and my wife will forget that I own it still... out of sight, out of mind! :cheers:

If it's dry tomorrow, I'll line up my TJ, MJ and ZJ in the Driveway tomorrow and get some pics.

P1000865.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They certainly aren't easy on the wallet. The PCM may have already been flashed to accept 87 octane. Look at the PCM on the firewall passenger side. There might be a sticker on it that says it had an authorized update done. Owners were complaining that when they put 87 octane in the engine would ping even though the fuel gauge and manual say premium. Chrysler just bit the bullet and made a tune for 87 octane to shut the idiot owners up.

That should do nicely as a DD with the 5.9 and $4/gallon in CA! :smart:

Good thing I only drive it a couple hundy miles a month... I did fill it up (with 91 Octane) when I got home and it was about $70 (3.50 something a gallon).

They certainly aren't easy on the wallet. The PCM may have already been flashed to accept 87 octane. Look at the PCM on the firewall passenger side. There might be a sticker on it that says it had an authorized update done. Owners were complaining that when they put 87 octane in the engine would ping even though the fuel gauge and manual say premium. Chrysler just bit the bullet and made a tune for 87 octane to shut the idiot owners up.

Any way to tell if this is it, 2 stickers, one under hood, one on PCM, same # on both.

P1000868.JPG

P1000870.JPG

Here is the sticker I found on mine:

Some guys said there was a recall that required a reflash for the PCM and others say that it was for a de-tune to run 87. I guess Chrysler would only know for sure, but I haven't been able to find any good info on it.

I got a reply over on JeepForum that said my sticker was the last emissions flash and not the "death flash"

The TJ is the one that stands out like a sore thumb.

I say you dump the oddball, and keep the white ones.

Rob L. :cheers:

Thats the one with BY FAR the most $$$ into it!

Works out better then, since it would fetch a prettier penny.

More money for the other two.

Rob L. :D

Yep, that's right Rob. I don't understand SW2. Don't tell him though. :yes: As I recall from previous posts, he's been plagued with several nit-picking problems on his MJ, nothing earth shattering, as we all are, and he wants to dump it. Then he buys a 98 5.9 ZJ, arguably one of the most troublesome rigs Jeep ever produced. Realize he needs something bigger for his growing family, and applaud his choice only because it's a Jeep, but why not a late model rock solid low miles XJ? If you read this SW2, just sell your pristine MJ. It'll take maybe a week max and low $$ for someone who appreciates it to make it almost perfect. I just don't see the logic in this.........

But of course it's none of my business. SW2, feel free to tell me to flock off and die, I won't mind mate. Do what you think is best. Cheers. :cheers:

Yep, that's right Rob. I don't understand SW2. Don't tell him though. :yes: As I recall from previous posts, he's been plagued with several nit-picking problems on his MJ, nothing earth shattering, as we all are, and he wants to dump it. Then he buys a 98 5.9 ZJ, arguably one of the most troublesome rigs Jeep ever produced. Realize he needs something bigger for his growing family, and applaud his choice only because it's a Jeep, but why not a late model rock solid low miles XJ? If you read this SW2, just sell your pristine MJ. It'll take maybe a week max and low $$ for someone who appreciates it to make it almost perfect. I just don't see the logic in this.........

But of course it's none of my business. SW2, feel free to tell me to flock off and die, I won't mind mate. Do what you think is best. Cheers. :cheers:

Roll Tide, Don! Happy New Year! :cheers:

Would you guys STOP BUYING 5.9L ZJ's!!!!!!!!!

Your killing me over here! I just had myself convinced that once I fix my 4.0L ZJ I would be content with driving it. Your not making it easy to keep my mind from wandering!

Gah! :fs2:

Rob L.

No. I have a lead on another one :D