treadwright Guard Dog M/T's

got some new skins for the TJ....31" M/T's from Treadwright (Hi-tec retreads). Same tread pattern as the BFG MT/R's, $89.95 each.

Giggity :clapping:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

that's a quarter, for reference....

Image Not Found

I was gonna get the Wardens, since I've been running BFG AT's on it for the last couple of years, but for an extra $10 I decided to go with the MT's. They're on BFG AT carasses by my request (C load) so they should do pretty good...plus the pattern "outchannels" so they should do better in the rain.

Jeff

got some new skins for the TJ....31" M/T's from Treadwright (Hi-tec retreads). Same tread pattern as the BFG MT/R's, $89.95 each.

Ummm, GOODYEAR MT/R maybe?

A buddy has had those (the retreads) on his Dakota in a 31x10.50R15 for two years now and has been happy with them. Relatively soft rubber does wear fast, though.

First gen MT/R's were horrible. They wore quickly and with funny wear patterns even though I rotated them every 6K. Horrible wet pavement traction. I hated them, and the Rubi forums are full of similar complaints. The Treadwright copy will give you a ton more life than the original. I have never read a bad thing about treadwright.

I have had three sets of new goodyears in the last few years: MT/R's, SR/A's, and whatever the heck was on the Buick (didn't last 30,000 miles) . All were extremely crappy tires.

yeah, Goodyear not BFG :oops:

Took 'em up to the local Firestone place early this morning (pulled the wheels/tires off the TJ and threw them and the new tires in the back of the MJ). I had the TJ there last week to get an inspection and they tried to sell me a set of their MT's, and I told them I had new skins on the way and would bring them up to have them dismount/mount and balance....they said "cool".

Got there and after waiting 15 minutes to be helped, the writer said they couldn't mount those "big tires" I had. I said not the 35's on the MJ, but the 31's in the bed.....he said "oh, well maybe we can do them but you'll have to leave them here, and it may be tomorrow until we get to them". Mind you this was 0915 this morning. Left there and drove to an independant shop that I should have gone to in the first place, and had them swapped over in 10 minutes.

Ran 'em around town a bit and then up to 70 mph on I95, they're like driving on a cloud :yes: Typical MT drone, but not as bad as the Kuhmo's on the MJ. I'm a happy camper..put a new softtop on it last weekend as well, it's like a new Jeep again LOL

Image Not Found

the AT pattern is called the Warden, I was gonna go with them since I've been running the BFG AT's on mine for the last three years and was very happy with them....but I'm gonna start having some fun with the TJ and went with the MT tread. Buddy of mine has a set of Wardens on his Chebby p/u down here and has been more than pleased with them so far :cheers:

Dismount/mount/balance/new valve stems cost me $15 per down here, YMMV. If you're thinking about ordering trreadwrights, be advised they are backordered on at least the 31" size and it'll take them about 3 weeks to ship out. I ordered mine on November 20th, and they got here yesterday :clapping:

Jeff

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

that's a quarter, for reference....

Image Not Found

I got these same tires last spring (put on the 88), put about 3k mi on them no complaints.

They are worlds different than the baldies (AT tread) that were on the truck when I got it.

Makes me love snow and mud. :banana:

Mounted the tires in my friends shop $0 dollars. Balanced each tire with 6oz Airsoft BBs. ($20 +/- total all five)

Truck drives nice, no vibes, happy with price and performance.