Isuzu Dana 44 rear axel?

Has anyone here put an Isuzu Rodeo Dana 44 rear axel in their Comanche?

The manual transmission 98 Rodeo has a stock 4.30 rear end and factory disk brakes. The automatic trans rear end has a stock 4.10 rear end and disk brakes.

All info appreciated.

I actually bought an Isuzu 44 to match my Waggy. The shafts are thicker than the XJ/MJ 44 then neck down at the splines. As far as the width goes, 57-60" depending on the year, the later it is the wider it is. Some of them even came with a real cool looking factory diff cooler/cover. I bought mine for $65 dollars on half price day at the yard. I sold my truck before I had a chance to use it though.

width is still different. If I remember right, the Isuzu axle is narrower.

It's only an inch narrower Pete, easily correctable by SpiderTrax IF it were not for the 6 x 5.5" axle pattern. Isuzu axles are plentiful down here w. 4.10 and up ratios, and my Exploder disks will work fine on if I needed to use them. Another IF: If aftermarket 5 x 4.5" axles were available for the Isuzu D44, it would be an economic no brainer since axles should be considerably cheaper than regearing. But I've never seen or heard of them, and I don't want a bastardized wheel set. And 4.10 XJ/MJ axles are basically unobtainium now............

I see you have learned how to edit. You're improving shipmate. :rotf:

dual-5-lug-swo.jpg

BTW, see the disclaimer on these adapters?

Disclaimer: Billet Adapters are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Billet Adapters are intended to be used ONLY on a show vehicle, stylized for a special look and NOT intended to be used on long driving, freeway driving and every day driving. Under no circumstances will s.w.o llc. Inc. be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages based on any improper use. :eek: :eek: :eek:

No thanks................

my boss runs wheel spacers highly simliar to those in the pic and has had no issue, just install new studs in the axle, lock-tite the nuts on for the spacer and check regularly to be sure.

i wouldn't want to run them on a over the road truck but i figure around town in the jeep it's okay?

i wonder if a machine shop could turn your 6 lug axles into 5 lug?

There would still be the hub-centric problem. I don't know, maybe I'm too anal about stuff like this (brakes too), but even Spidertrax has the disclaimer of "offroad use only" for their hub-centric spacers. I know it's a liability thing, but I researched long and hard before I used those.