Project HELLBILLY DELUXE!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill get some better pics of finished floor so you guys that are intrested in soda blasting can see.then ill be starting on the chassis saver.i also during all this fixed several other small things i didnt post like the taillight wiring was all cut and tore up i fixed that. and i made my own vacume lines to the CAD didnt turn out how i saw it but that axle will find its way to the salvage yard eventually so i really don't care much about that.

AND PLEASE EVERYONE bare with me I'm the worlds worst typer guy i really don't talk like this. :wall:

AND PLEASE EVERYONE bare with me I'm the worlds worst typer guy i really don't talk like this. :wall:

:cheers: I can attest to this.

Man talk about kicking butt on this truck. You weren't kidding when you told me you were going to get a lot done on it this week. Looking good. I take it you are going with a RED truck :brows:

I have been itching to get back and work on my truck, this is torture :rant:

On your TJ, did you trim your fender flares? Have you heard/seen where people cut their stock fenders to make like a tube fender?

Sorry to go off topic, lol.

I might try that soda blasting... lol

Yes my fenders are trimmed with a jigsaw/sawzall very easy I have rokmen hylines just don't have them installed yet.ya tubing your stock fenders is pretty easy just trim the top of the fender out to whatever coverage you want and weld some tubing directly to them add some bracing.

Red was the easiest for now and prob his second color choice anyway.next yr ill replace cab corners and rockers prob paint it black then.

Sodablasting co worked for an hr they did floorboard axle springs seat brackets and cleaned up the mess a little for $160

Ya I realize its unibody I will just rebuild the rear actual frame and add strength to the unibody while I'm at it.

• 2 weeks later...

got a few more pics progress has slowed here's after we cut out the rust that was bad which wasnt too much floorboards were pretty decent.and then we applyed the chassis saver jamminz.gif love this stuff!

and then we got both doors on as i said not too exciting but its cold!

• 2 months later...

well got behind on posting pics but actually its been nasty out so havent gotten alot done did some of this awhile back and some more today with the nice weather were having

pics are a little mixed up here ill get some order goin first one is us using the chassis saver on the frame after sanding and some prep work you don't have to do much this stuff sticks!

the second is some new 4x6s i bought for the rear

next i replaced the gas tank lines fig id replace all that little stuff while I'm in there

started painting interior plastic and trim with dupont black trim paint I'm impressed so far i was thinking this was a little getto but it seems to hold up well

started tearing dash apart

recovered the rear panel not sure proper name for it is :dunno:

doors i got from 87Warrior already had some decent pioneer speakers in it he can rock those for awhile jamminz.gif

you know funny you say that i did at first then forgot to today Damn! hope that doesnt bite me in the butt! :mad: :mad: id guess it will be ok it says light scuff but hopin with the factory texture may be ok.But thanks for the reminder back to scuffing!

• 1 month later...

This is my jeep thats my dads acount and we are going to go leaf over axel then lift the front to match rear and go long arm in the front, putting a 360 in it is an option and switching front end from d35 to a d44 and 35 or 37 inch tires and building a bed for it after awhile and reenforcing the frame and adding lockers front and rear when we get front axel swaped

You can come see it anytime you like its warming up goin to get back to work. I do have some pics to get you all up to date ill add soon.Tryin to get the damn speedo cable off its the last thing to do before i can get the dash out. I'm trying to preach to my son hell apreciate all this detail, rust prevention, sound deadning and attention to the interior eventually.Hes very excited to get this thing on the road and i don't blame him.So help me out here guys explain to him how important all aspects of a build are important! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got my dash out finally found mice skulls more droppings than i care to think about and they had made a nest of seat material that completley filled the vents! :shake:

took headliner out backing is in decent shape ill fix it up myself later

I started on the cancer in the cab corners Ill be doing my own fix for these meaning i won't replace with other corners

LOTS of grinding!

Bare with me here their not in order its such a pain to post pics in this forum I'm not used to doing it this way and i suck at it! :mad: