Project HELLBILLY DELUXE!

I guess these arent the best pics in the world i really thought you could see better my bad I'm just a terrible computer guy sorry.

Tomorrow ill do a little more cleaning then this side will get good ole chassis saver and monstaliner over that as some of this will be exposed for good I'm not replacing my rockers or cab corners in the traditional way.I'm gunna build my rock rails up into the cab where the rockers were and a small square of diamond plate will be welded in the place of the corner and plated on the bottom.

here's my next chore the other side and I'm going to trim the fenders front and rear I hate to trim all that rust out of the rears thats a BIG cut but I don't think i have any choice as its so bad I have to remove the inners as well.Any ideas? :ack:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a pic of the other side and what the whole truck looks like now.

I need some colorado red rattle can if anyone knows where to get it I need to match the panels better until I can get this thing painted 87warrior said hed send me some he had but it didnt match the best i guess ill try it first

• 7 months later...

Well its been awhile since ive posted updates weve been working.Just havent updated so here's some updates excuse the pics will be a little out of order. I have so many to post ill just do the best I can to get caught up again then do a better job of organizing and keeping up

Got some monstaliner inside the cab this was my sons first time doing this and we rolled it so texture isnt the best but in a small truck cab with carpet over it it will due

Taped off the front fenders and cut them out

Image Not Found

Got the gas tank and straps that were rusting pretty bad sanded and mounted back up

Painted some dash trim

Bought a new set of badges off ebay

I'm seeing some of these pics came out pretty crappy they looked fine when I took them :fs1: I got a new phone maybe some of my newer pics will be better.Also have a digital cam on order!

I'm going to do some downsizing too on the next round these are too big until now they were too small Ill eventually find a happy med.Again I'm def not a computer guy :dunno:

Took off windshield trim off and repainted

Sanded repainted the inside of door opening and added some diamond plate entry plates

Sanded down the inside of the roof it was rusting under the headliner and repainted with rustoleum don't remember the name of the actual kind but it stops rusting and creates a paintable surface.Ive been using this alot it dries really smooth and looks good just by itself in flatblack.

went to work on the Brakes and all the rust on the axles springs etc

My son (his truck) doin some work

Pis don't do justice of how much sanding we did here we were sanding with dotcos grinders paper everything we had for 2 weekends.Bought some new calipers painted them up.The truck will be black with this green accented.

Started painting the actual truck used the Flat black here on the windshield channels

More pics of cleaning and sanding of the front axle and steering during this time we upgraded the tierod and draglink to a V8 grand cherokee setup.Also bought some new rotors .

This is the effects of an oil leak that obviously wasnt fixed for years I soaked it all in purple power you can see it working some in the pics it did an amazing job.A couple of treatments with that and the garden hose and it was pretty damn clean!

Painted up my old stock rubicon shocks for the front

Started replacing all the hard brakelines they were rusted pretty bad I didnt get many pics of this not like it was anything exciting

Repainted the rear drums didnt take much time on these the D44 will get disc or well be swapping in a D60 that we bought and started cleaning up.

Finally found a storage unit that had electric and allowed us to work out of

The Herd of Jones Jeeps!

Anyone have a clue what this goes to? :D here's where it goes into the harness

Changed the fuel filter

Then we really hit a gold mine found an oversize single car garge a lady wasnt using and posted an ad on CL to rent

Very thankful for this we have been building this all winter in my parking lot of my townhouse my HOA didnt like me much.

Just started moving in got it setup slowly but its coming around I bought some lighting, heater,built a couple work benches ran across a free fridge.Were BIG TIME NOW! jamminz.gif

Lower rad hose was shot I have no clue how it was still in tact

Ha and those are pics from my new phone much better.Anyone think I should resize are they too big now?

Stared pulling everything off the firewall and driverside fenderwell were doing a WJ MC/BB swap replacing the slave and fixing all the wiring rust etc around the fuse box.I'm going to sandblast this whole area bought a HF blaster yesterday took me 2 hrs to put it together you have to be real stupid to fig out the instructions the pics were drawn in crayon and the photo copied a million times. :headpop:

I need to get a few more update pics taken this week I'm a little further along than my pics show but this is the most of it.

I'm also working on the inside of the fire wall while I'm at it.Did some dotco sanding then used some naval jelly and purple power to clean things up a bit.I will be using chassis saver for this area on both sides as I said before this stuff is better than POR it will not rust thru it period!

Getting started on the other side which isnt near as bad just that small hole it will get a temp patch then chassis saved till another time.