I rescued an 87 Laredo! (new to forums, excuse my stupidity)

So, I recently rescued my Comanche from the side of the road in the middle of no-where.

I was looking for my first vehicle and I couldnt decide if i wanted a pick-up or a jeep. Then I saw the comanches. I was so excited when i finally found one and couldnt believe the guy only wanted $600 for it.

Well since I bought it my boyfriend and I have gotten it to run pretty good, just needs a floor and a few other things

I was just introduced to this site by our Comcast guy Erik who noticed my MJ sitting outside, I was suprised to meet someone who liked them as much as we do, because usually when I tell someone what my vehicle is they just give me a funny look.

As you can most likely tell I'm new to the whole "forum, online club" thing.

I apoligize for my cluelessness.

comanche.gif

here's your pics, I finally figured it out. The pics are HUGE but I don't know how to fix that.

Image Not Found

This is what it looked like when I found it.

Image Not Found

Someone decided to use it for target practice :fs1:

Image Not Found

Its a Jeep thing. Haha

Image Not Found

Yeah, its an '87

Image Not Found

Stole center console out of one of my BFs Cherokees

Image Not Found

here's my BFs '04 Grand Cherokee, I drive this to work everyday lol. :thumbsup:

Welllll, as of right now I just want to get it into an inspectable condition because my BF wants his Jeep back lol.

All thats left for that is the floor,rear bumper (because as of right now there isnt one), some of the gauges don't work, I'm pretty sure I need an alternator, and thats about it because I know a guy that will inspect it then.

Then I have to learn how to drive a stick. :shake: haha

And come spring, the interior is getting ripped out and i want to get grey/black interior, the plastic trim peices are going to be "chrome carbon fiber", a new shifter (I wanna get a Hurst), new pedals, alot of new stuff OH and alot of switches need to be added for all the lights I'm gonna put on it. :D

The exterior is going to be painted flat black and I'm going to get chrome pinstripes (everyone says silver, but they forget I work for a warehouse that sells aftermarket auto parts, and we have chrome pinstripes 8) ) lights on top, brighter fog lights, and I'm gonna mount lights over the side mirrors. perfably Hellas

I want to get a 3" lift at the least for it, and 31" tires. I need to get a hitch, so I can haul our boat and stuff, but thats in spring too.

OH thanks :waving:

-Jamie

I have big plans for my little Comanche, and shes gonna be beautiful :thumbsup:

Welcome, just a warning start looking for a hitch now along with the rear bumper there both quite hard to find. The Fey step bumpers are still available for now but hitches are all gone from every source so start calling and checking you local junk yards.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome, just a warning start looking for a hitch now along with the rear bumper there both quite hard to find. The Fey step bumpers are still available for now but hitches are all gone from every source so start calling and checking you local junk yards.

Yeah, for right now we just put the rear bumper from a ford ranger thats sitting around on it (had to do some cutting and welding, but I refused to weld anything to my actual truck so everythings just bolted on) and as for the hitch, theres one sitting around that we are just going to do some mods on so it fits