Grrrr...

btm24

So today i got fed up with the crap from the guy up the street about my bumper and went down there to have a bit of a "talk". Well that did not go so well. I find out he will not and can not ever have my stuff because the shop is shutting down at the end of to day do to "land lord stuff" :eek: :fs1: . So i got really pissed at that and left. Now I'm sitting here in awe about what i am going to do. This is the shop who i was going to use to build my truck up. 4x4, rocker rails, BUMPER, Lift, part outs from a cherokee, front and rear diff covers, spray on bedliner, put front tow hooks on, fab up skid plates and brush guard and so much more! Now i have no idea what i am going to do. I have no way at all to do this stuff at home and there is no other shop in town willing to do all of this for under $1,500 :( So now that I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as i can see it I'm screwed. Who knows whats going to happen now. :oops:

Brandon

I don't get it? Do you simply not have space? Find a local Jeep club and somebody can probably help you out.

Or save your pennies and wait till next year. Mow a few more yards this year and shovel driveways this winter. Then take it to one of the more reputable shops and love your truck.

You can take baby steps and do the small things at home. Diff covers and the liner come to mind. I've never understood why some folks want their Jeeps built up over night. I have been building my rubi since 03 and it still has a lot left to go.

shovel driveways this winter.

1st let me say :rotf: I live i'n FL what would I shovel sand?

He took $25 which to me is alot and that was for the bumper. I saw the bumper he has it it looked like a brand new stock bumper. Really nice. I can't do the work my self it would it i'n the drive way for the next year. We have 2.5 acres so there's no small yard hear. My dad wouldn't let me have all that spread out i'n the yard anyways. I'm going to have a Guy I've known for a while do lift for me and I know another guy i'n town who is going to do the rocker rails, rust repair, bumpers(front with a winch and back with a hitch built i'n.). So I'll be fine I was just pissed cuz it took the rest of the afternoon to find people who could do this for me. So in long run it worked out better but when I first heard this I was pissed. But now I've calmed down alot.

Brandon

You are not alone, it's hard to find anyone worth the trouble to give money to without seeing their work. The problem is with the insurance jobs they would rather get a job done fast and cheap and get paid like the job was done at the dealer. It is a corrupt system and thankfully there is a few good eggs left that are willing to do a good job because they care about quality work. If I had the means to do custom work and the time I would do it just to say I did it. I am not willing to buy all the tools and build a pole barn just for that unless I won the lotto.

A rock and a hard place indeed, but you're not the only one.

so are you looking for custom bumpers or just stock ones? did you find someone to do the rocker rails? my dad and i have been pondering the idea of fabbing up some stuff for the ZJ and the MJ since there isnt much of a support for them.

Josh

so are you looking for custom bumpers or just stock ones? did you find someone to do the rocker rails? my dad and i have been pondering the idea of fabbing up some stuff for the ZJ and the MJ since there isnt much of a support for them.

Josh

Custom front rear and rocker rails. A guy i met when i went with a friend of mine to get a truck of his. Hes a really nice guy and he welds great dose this stuff all the time. I can't wait to see what we come up with to make :clapping:

Brandon

I built almost everything on my 88 myself with a cheap 4" angle grinder and a drill. then paid someone to do the welding. where there's a will, there's a way. :thumbsup:

Right on :clapping: jamminz.gif I will most likely replace my stock rockers that are all rusted out my self.

Brandon

I'm 18 and took on the challenge to drop the tranny in my camaro on my dirt an slanted driveway and put a new pressure plate and clutch in it today, I must say it's not as hard as I thought! Just take pictures of stuff you take apart, label parts, and take your time! The great wall of china wasn't built in a day and neither will our jeeps :cheers:

I'm 18 and took on the challenge to drop the tranny in my camaro on my dirt an slanted driveway and put a new pressure plate and clutch in it today, I must say it's not as hard as I thought! Just take pictures of stuff you take apart, label parts, and take your time! The great wall of china wasn't built in a day and neither will our jeeps :cheers:

Very true and good job doing the clutch your self :cheers:

Brandon

• 1 month later...

An update to say that I did go and find a 4x4 place in town that is willing to help for next to nothing. They understand that I want to learn, and help. They guy who is helping me do my bumpers is the same way. he is doing it all for free just I pay for the parts. In the end I guess every thing works out :D

Brandon

An update to say that I did go and find a 4x4 place in town that is willing to help for next to nothing. They understand that I want to learn, and help. They guy who is helping me do my bumpers is the same way. he is doing it all for free just I pay for the parts. In the end I guess every thing works out :D

Brandon

Good to hear bud. Maybe the guy doing the welding can give you a little hood time. Very rewarding to finally make something for yourself someday! I understand not having the place to work on things. Drives me freekin nuts. I live on a hill and have a dirt driveway about as long as my 01 Dodge Reg Cab lol