New impact gun help me shop

MjPioneer

I have a Air cat impact gun that has just recently crapped the bed on me. I'm looking for a new Impact gun for under $150 that is at least 300-400 ft-lbs. Whats do you guys run and what do you suggest? I run on board air so I need something that can be abused and handle the elements without blowing up in my face.

really? huh it was just a guess my ag teacher allways buys them because they are such a good tool but i never looked into if they had them in air or not sry. Also ive seen many around stores in my town under $200 :dunno:

Brandon

This is my baby:

http://www.amazon.com/Ingersoll-Rand-21 ... B0002SRM7E

41wMMkmvLJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1,000 Ft lbs of nut busting force (insert Tim Allen grunt here) :brows: Also half the weight (Titanium) of any other standard impact. Feels great in your hand.

$289, but I have always said that like lift kits, money spent on good tools, will be money well spent.

I love meh tools. :yes:

33736_152881041416058_100000824882082_232901_6393916_n.jpg

65826_152880974749398_100000824882082_232900_8126093_n.jpg

Rob L. :nuts:

ingersol rand for air tools i was a mechainc for 20years working on trucks , that is the only air tool that would hold up i still have my first gun its 20 years old and still works great , stay away from their composite guns stick with a metal one you can buy one from northern tools for about 130 dollars in the range youre looking for , comanche.gif

Ingersol-rand for the win.

I bought the step below automan's the other day. Light weight, 600 ft/lbs, $211, and it's their quiet version.

I've never heard of aircat or nitrocat. That means they are junk. Tool shop and similar $50 cheapos are junk. Craftsman is OK.

Don't need no stinkin impact wrenchs. That's what BA Hammers are for. BUT IF I were gonna use one I would pick Ingersol Rand. Think I got one of the first ones they made after the war(WWll). One inch drive. Belonged to my wifes granddad. Works great.

i have the Ingersoll Rand 2135TI also, great gun! Good power, and going head to head against the $400-500 Snap-On my co worker has, it pretty much holds up with a lot less weight in your hand and I think it's quieter. I also have the 3/8" driver version, which has a lot of power for the size but is lighter and quieter than the 1/2" drive. Again, great gun.

Ingersol-rand for the win.

I bought the step below automan's the other day. Light weight, 600 ft/lbs, $211, and it's their quiet version.

I've never heard of aircat or nitrocat. That means they are junk. Tool shop and similar $50 cheapos are junk. Craftsman is OK.

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't make them junk. My 6 year old nitro cat would make your ingersol look stupid. Aircat/exhaust technologies build some of the most powerful airtools on the market. The latest nitro cat 1/2 in is rated at 1200ft lbs and runs at 84 decibels

FYI mac tools sells most of the aircat line with their name name on it, the aw612q is one of macs best models and its an air cat. Snap on also sells the full aircat line in their side catalog.

I run by the mechanic's code. Haven't heard of it, don't get it.

My dad has 25 year old ingersols, is a semi mechanic (rebuilds totalled trucks that would make you cringe) and they will still take EVERYTHING off and put it back on again.

Aside from that, I don't like mac tools. Never have, never will. I've had more mac sockets break than craftsman, and don't have the cash to buy snap-on

For the money I like the Central Pneumatic Earthquake I bought at Harbor Freight. 625 ft. lbs. for under $100. I think this gun is a knockoff of the IR Thunder Gun.

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/ ... -2623.html

My brother has used one of these for years. Its loud,heavy,and sloppy as hell but it always gets the job done and he has yet to have an issue with it. He is a lift truck mechanic so it get gets used and abused.

So far I'm leaning towards the Nitro Cat 1200-k sure its a bit above my price range but you only live once. As far as the any other brands, Mac Tools I will never buy from again over the years I have spent hundreds and hundreds on them and have never been to impressed. I've had bolt extractors snap in the bolt, sockets shatter, ratchets let go. Just not worth it to me anymore. I'm not a huge fan of snap on due to there extreme cost but they make a great product. As far as Dewalt goes, when I want to screw some wood together I look no were else then a quality Dewalt drill there cordless impact guns on the other hand...Just not rated for what I need them for. I have a Ingersal Rand cordless and it goes like a "mother"

A guy at work got a 1200k awhile back and he loves it. I have thought about picking one up so I can keep my 1000tc at home.

I would check amazon.com or ebay,you can usually get a good price,or if you would rather make payments snap on is pretty reasonable on the aircats you just have to ask for them specificly as they want to push there own guns.