Is there no aftermarket support?

SW86

i just built mine, some 3x4 angle iron, weld on d rings from tractor supply, and some scrap 3/16" plate for side caps, bashed both my lower quarters the other day so ill be using some scrap 2" square stock for side rails too. i also countersunk a hitch in my bumper, but now its too high for my trailer even with a 5" drop hitch, so ill be mounting a lower hitch

I found this one that I have been kinda looking at. Then I read the reviews, and I am no longer sure that it's not a universal truck bumper being marketed as one for the MJ.

Anyhow, here's the link.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/detai ... 63000.html

Edit: a bit more looking into it and I am pretty sure it is a universal, though it does claim to come with the proper brackets for our MJ's. They have them in chrome and black diamondplate.

Even if it's not exact, it's cheaper than having one made, and likely will bolt up ok. Anyone tried one of these?

I found this one that I have been kinda looking at. Then I read the reviews, and I am no longer sure that it's not a universal truck bumper being marketed as one for the MJ.

Anyhow, here's the link.

Edit: a bit more looking into it and I am pretty sure it is a universal, though it does claim to come with the proper brackets for our MJ's. They have them in chrome and black diamondplate.

Even if it's not exact, it's cheaper than having one made, and likely will bolt up ok. Anyone tried one of these?

Sorry no help here. But I will be checking in on this thread later to see if this bumper worked for you.

damn i figured there werent any out there for sale. (like what i want anyway)

i know a few guys on here have some like what i want but until i can talk them into making and shipping me one, i guess ill go bumper-less :D it looks good without it anyway, just not good for getting pulled out backwards :ack:

thanks guys

Anyhow, here's the link.

That bumper will fit the MJ... one of the few that I've seen out there for our trucks. It's not a bad bumper for a stock replacement look. I've had one on my truck for a while now.

I would reccommend coating the inside of it with a good undercoat to help it last because the black powdercoat is not the greatest.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

When I got the truck the bumper looked like some idiot tried to pull down a water tower with it. It had ripped the ball right out of the bumper like an ear ring in a bar fight and bent the heck out of it.

I'll be picking one up this winter to put on in the spring.

JCR off-road used to make a rear bumper, and they still sell the brackets. You could try to contact them to see if they can make more, or have one tucked away somewhere???

I ran without a rear bumper while I was building mine, and all I could think about was some idiot rear ending me. If you get snow, a rear bumper in winter is a good idea. These beds are getting hard to find!

Anyhow, here's the link.

That bumper will fit the MJ... one of the few that I've seen out there for our trucks. It's not a bad bumper for a stock replacement look. I've had one on my truck for a while now.

I would reccommend coating the inside of it with a good undercoat to help it last because the black powdercoat is not the greatest.

I have one of these bumper on one of my MJ's. Fits good and not a bad price. For anyone considering one of these, I

might suggest "partsgeek.com". That's where mine came from. $143.94. Please excuse my not posting the link.

I'm an old phart and computers are still quite a bit foreign to me.

Jeephack

all these standard bumpers!!! :fs1: not one off-road one. I'm thinking some companies are missing out on some sells here. maybe not much but i know more then a few would fly off the shelves. or how about you shade tree guys who've already made one or two for yourselfs. you should already know you've got a buyer right here :yes: