Bench Seat

kmack

does anyone know what bench seats will fit in the MJ?

i want something with a thin back, like a toyota but full width from door to door.

i'm going to weld it in so it just has to fit inside.

i tried an old ram 150 but it was 4 inches too wide.

they aren't common, they bolt up to the currently busted and bent studs in my floor, and they are small and have a gap in the center.

They arent common???? There are twenty people on here at any one time that would love to get rid of their bench's and go to buckets, and if you don't have the gap in the middle the seat won't adjust. As for size.... its sized to fit the truck... what else do you want? If going custom, go for the Dakota swap, its a 60/40 split, you can solid mount the pass side so as not to interfere with the shifter and have adjustment for the driver. You need to be more specific when asking stuff here. it will help greatly for us to understand your needs. You just asked for a bench, you didnt say the mounting was screwed up... so easiest answer is MJ bench. I'm sorry if I sound like an azz, but its not always easy to understand what youre looking for without more specifics... that goes for everyone. We are here to help, and this place can be a tremendous resource, but we're not mind readers...sorry.

they aren't common, they bolt up to the currently busted and bent studs in my floor, and they are small and have a gap in the center.

Column shift MJ's don't have the gap/cutout in the center of the bench. :brows:

( :ack: pic before scrubbing PO's filth off carpet :ack: ):

But yeah, MJ seats are usually stained, beat up, worn out, and without headrests.

Why do you want a bench vs buckets?

This is also an option if it's for a kid: (little kid seat for the middle):

so either a dog or two girls can sit in the cab with me.

i've got knee and back problems so what ever i put in has to raised about 4 inches. i might as well get what ever is cheap and accessible if i'm just going to be welding it in. i'm in canada remember!

i used the rear most seat from a chevy astro van. it fits between the doors but sits about 3 in higher than stock. i am 5'7" tall and had to move the seat nearly all the way forward to reach the pedals. with the stock seat i have it adjusted about in the middle of the slides from front to back.