Mod help

How difficult is it to change over to the newer style xj front end?

i should be getting the full front, with the fenders, but should i get the hood as well?? or will the origional MJ hood fit??

also, what colour would YOU like to see on an MJ?? i wanted to do the olive drab, but its been done soo many times already

There was an MJ on eBay that was a burnt orange with black racing strips that I thought was really cool looking that or am a fan of Raven Black but if I paint a truck to look pretty then it is not going of road so what would be the point of have a truck just to look at just my thought. As far as the front end swap yes it will work there are several guys on here that have done the swap

i know it works but I'm having trouble finding the thread was discussed with alignment issues

i thought someone said you needed the fenders as well??

i know the hood can kinda be a pain as well, but i have a chance at basically the whole font eng of a 98

i want to act quick befor he scraps it. i guess i could also just pick it all up and then get rid of whatever i don't need

i was thinking black

ive grown partial to girs MJ, that black with the high gloss looks excellent

CLK.jpg

97-01 fender

ARO.jpg

84-96 fender

so looks like the front were the bumper meets the flares is different, so you could use your fenders/flares/and bumper if you wanted.

And at the front of the fender, the top and mid body line don't line up. You have to use bondo to match up the lines.

mine were always gloss black rustoleum spray paint. the gloss would die down a bit after awhile and look really cool, not shiny but not as dull as flat black. then my wheels and side vents and the letters on my tailgate was rustoleum metallic black. looked really good. workin on adding the metallic to my 91.

Alex

what would be really awesome, but hard to do is the new U.S. Marine camo:

6499-11a.jpg

I have a mockup somewhere of my XJ with bright orange and black tiger stripes. It would be "as easy" to do as 3 color camo.

Also read, probably on CC.com, about doing gloss black over flat black (like gloss flames) gives you a ghost effect. You could do something like that with camo shape or tiger stripes (or stripes or nekkid trucker lady hood design) but you get into masking that way.

I've done gray with black stripes and black with white stripes before. White Rustoleum goes well over the black and straight stripes are about the easiest thing to mask.

It looks like canada's navy's color is a dark blue too, maybe a navy blue MJ with yellow letters.

You could also go with the dual headlight clip and woodie side panels.

If you come up with a cool idea and want a mockup I can probably give you an idea of what it will look like, or if you need painting tips... let me know.

Love the ideas from everybody too, I need to come up with paint for my MJ someday...

Also read, probably on CC.com, about doing gloss black over flat black (like gloss flames) gives you a ghost effect.

sounds like you are talkin about what i did with my gloss black and metallic black. i will have to find a pic and show you all. you could only see the metallic in the right light. this 91 is going to get an Umbrella Corp paintjob soon with por-15s clearcoat over it so it is chip-proof and stuff since all i do is mud run. you can see it in my 91 eliminator 4x4 project post.

Alex

here are some pics of my "ghost" tailgate letters. as you can see they show up better in some light then other. i thought i had some pics of it at night when it would really glow but can't find em. i am not sure if you can make out in the side shot the metallic wheels and metallic side vents or not.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Alex

alrighte fellas, it loosk like i can pick up the entire front end (bumper, grille assy, fenders and hood) for 50 bucks, not a bad deal at all i thought. the parts are a glossy black, might be better to paint the whole truck black...

still no idea what i want to go with

alrighte fellas, it loosk like i can pick up the entire front end (bumper, grille assy, fenders and hood) for 50 bucks, not a bad deal at all i thought. the parts are a glossy black, might be better to paint the whole truck black...

still no idea what i want to go with

man i really wish i could get everything for that much.

Alex