Jeep Sticker 1991-2 Eliminator Stickers

Hello my friends,

After 3 months of being chicken little I installed the door part of jeepsticker.com 1991-2 Eliminator kit.

23659434003_large.jpg

23659434002_large.jpg

Spencer's craftmanship is excellent, for those of us that choose to install the kit without the help of a professional keep in mind some tips.

1) Do not install the kit in direct sunlight. (the sticker installed in the shade looked way better than the one installed in the sun).

2) Be patient! there are protentially dozens of stickers within this kit that you must keep a watchfull eye on. I made sure all stickers transposed from the non-sticky paper to the sticky clear tape before I installed to my truck.

3) If you screw up, relax and feel free to pull the stickers off individually an reinstall.

One reason my install took so long is that I had several dents and dings on my drivers door. You can see some irregularities in the pics. I know I will be flamed, but I used Billy May's ding king to remove the lions share on about 9 major dents. The end results are in the pics.

BTW patience is a virtue, I was able to retrive the stickers missing on the passenger door from the installation tape. Yes this install is way not perfect, and I wish Don (Hornbrod) or someone else with skills better than mine would have done this, but here this is flame on my brothers.

They look great.

Rob L. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob L. :cheers: I know this won't be that popular, but the Billy Mays ding king really did deliver for me. I spent $15 and the "Dent Pro" folks quoted me $500 to fix the dings. I am certain their work would have been superior to mine, but for $15 I am happy with the work on the drivers side door. :clapping:

Thanks everyone. One of the forgiving things about Spencer's workmanship is you can add or modify the stickers very easily even after they have been applied. I found at least the door stickers didn't require a second set of hands (like I thought). What I really needed was a second set of eyes as it is critical first of all to get the white end of the stickers off onto the clear end without leaving behind the dozens of small stickers that make up the "Eliminator". I was very successful at this with the drivers door, but the passenger door in direct sun light was another story. I was able to go back and pull the small stickers that got left behind on the clear media and fill the holes left by my incomplete installation :dunce: I found that these stickers are very maleable, but you really need to make sure when stretching them to line up that you do not stetch too much as their size will change.

Don,

If Spencer gets the colors you want, you will love these stickers on your truck, just keep Gus out of the way from helping. My cocker spaniel took to snatching the stickers and running away with them in an effort to "help" me. :doh:

Don, we can go black and red on your MJ. Just cause my site does not have the combo, I can make any desired combo.

I had your samples ready, but then could not find your email that you had sent. Classic case of checking it on the iphone, then not being able to find it later.

Please email me again at spencer@mahardesign.com.

Joe, we will figure this out.

Spence

I'm still not sure how the decals would show up on my silver MJ. Spense got my address and said he would send some samples, but no joy yet. :(

• 1 year later...

I have a 91 silver Eliminator that I plan on having repainted. Can the Elimator decal be removed

and reinstalled after the truck is repainted? Are replacement decals available?

Tks.

Rich Y

I have a 91 silver Eliminator that I plan on having repainted. Can the Elimator decal be removed

and reinstalled after the truck is repainted? Are replacement decals available? Tks. Rich Y

Decals can't be "removed then reinstalled". You'll need new Elim decals. There are two sources that I know of, Spencer (read the previous threads), and here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=380339868033&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT.

Can you post pics of your 91 silver Eliminator? Would love to see how the decals look on it. My 91 is silver too.

Thanks much for the speedy reply and good info Don. Purchased my Eliminator from the original owner

2 months ago for $1,800. He kept it in very good condition but the clear coat is coming off in several places and want to get it repainted. I will post some pix's soon as I figure out how to down load them.

Where you at in Bama? I live in Pensacola, FL.

Cheers,

Rich

Don, we can go black and red on your MJ. Just cause my site does not have the combo, I can make any desired combo.

sorry for the thread hijack JDD,....

but Spencer,

are you able to tweak your designs a little?

like turn this:

into this:

And/or possibly changing the 'Pioneer' wording to something else in the same font.

(apologies for 'borrowing' your Ebay pic)

Thanks,

Jimmy

sorry for the thread hijack JDD,....

but Spencer, are you able to tweak your designs a little? Jimmy

Don't hold your breath for this guy Jim. I've been waiting for close to a year for samples for the HO Elim OEM STOCK COLOR scrap samples so I could see if they would show up on my gray MJ, no joy. He claimed non delivery because he lost my address like three times. :nuts: AFAIK of the HO only HO Elim decals delivered: Joe received his, and another member whom I trust very much and to whom I recommended Spence as a source said his decal stripes were were not aligned and unusable. Don't know if he received a refund. So Spence, rip me if you must. All I've received so far from you is BS and non-delivery. Just relating my personal experience with this vendor - may not apply to others. :cheers:

And JeepDoggieDog,

your MJ looks amazing with the later Eliminator decals :cheers:

:thumbsup:

Thanks Jim,

That was an extremely fun project, my goal was when I scored some NOS Eliminator stickers to make sure that someone somewhere still made these things. In addition to Spence there are other manufacturers of these stickers now. :cheers:

Don't hold your breath...

I'm not ignoring you Don,

just wanted to give Spencer the opportunity to reply, since he was in this thread earlier.

Either way,

I hope you guys can work it out,

& thank you for the advice.

Seems like he makes good stuff at any rate.

Jimmy

• 3 months later...

Here is the website of the bodyshop in Pensacola that painted my MJ.

http://www.coastalbodyworks.com/index.html

It cost me $3,500 but they also replaced the weather stripping and the hood release cable that was getting ready to break.

They also have a website where they take pictures every few days of your vehicles progress.

Rich