spare tire mount

Not the easiest to do (and way-less-than-applicable to most trucks out there), but using the tire mount as a tie in to increase the strength of the rollbar and the rear bumper is one of my favorite mods I've done to my 88. :D

Wait a minute, didn't we cover this a few weeks ago? :hmm: Curse this feeble brain of mine! :teehee: Run a quick search and you might find what you're looking for.

I've always loved this contraption (atleast it's some inspiration):

http://www.tiregate.com/

img_pr_4.gif

img_pr_5.gif

Where's the MJ model?! :mad:

Doesn't look like it would be that hard to make. :brows:

Woopsiedaisies, I forgot to mention in my above post that i am personally welding/fabbing illiterate. :cry:

If on the other hand you can make one yourself then go for it! Hell i'd pay you money to make me one too

I Like this one made by fabtech. I want to build 2 of them for my MJ and YJ.

FT_angletirecarrier.jpg

Hey,

thats funny I want two of these for my same Jeeps...

I just can't justify shelling out that much for a silly in bed carrier when a swing away is near the same amount.

I've always loved this contraption (atleast it's some inspiration):

http://www.tiregate.com/

img_pr_4.gif

img_pr_5.gif

Where's the MJ model?! :mad:

Doesn't look like it would be that hard to make. :brows:

Woopsiedaisies, I forgot to mention in my above post that i am personally welding/fabbing illiterate. :cry:

If on the other hand you can make one yourself then go for it! Hell i'd pay you money to make me one too

I guess I don't think about people not having access to people that fabricate things. I started my apprenticeship in the metal trades 26 years ago this week. (We need an old smiley guy with a gray beard!)

I have a bender, welder, torch, and a garage full of tools. I can make almost anything. I usually have a buddy build what I want. He has a lot more time and works cheap. I'm more of a :popcorn: these days.

I was leaning toward the fabtech one. i think that it would look the coolest because you don't see many trucks with a spare tire mounted in the bed like that. I think that it is around $100 but i willo probably make one.

youve obviously have never been to so cal where most modified trucks run the spre like that