Need advice

Hi everyone, I've been reading on hear awhile and I have a question. I picked up a 88mj that's got problems with the ax15 swap the PO did (won't shift into 2nd). I bought a 98xj for the ax15, my question is... Should I just swap the tranny or should I swap it all over? Motor, dash and seats. I've read all the swap threads I could find and I love the way they came out. I'm just on the fence with this and need some advice.

Here's a pic of my mj. 88mj with a renix and ax15 from a 91yj

Here's the Donor. 98xj with a ax15, rear unibody damaged.

how much of a project are you looking for? You could swap over the trans and be out driving the next day, or you could swap everything over and then not drive your new truck for the next 6 months or so. :dunno:

I got a donor, My deal is all the 97 plus swaps on here seem to take a long time. I can't find anything on the fuel pumps and there comparability's. I know the pedals are different and so is the dash mounting tabs. Just not sure hoooowww different. I can mod anything, I just don't want to start another 1 yr project, not sure if I got the steam for it :ack:

I agree with Pete and I have done the conversion your thinking of and I have an Offroad shop and it took me 6 months to re-do my truck and I am still not done yet with some of the minor stuff...

Just change the tranny for now and Save the rest for a winter project or when you can do without the truck for a year...

Thanks guy's, I just hate to put stuff off. One other question, I noticed that the clutch master cylinder for the 98 with the external slave is mounted different and the lines are plastic. Is this gonna be a big issue since it looks like it will get into the fuse block in the firewall?