1JTMW6410JT131756

500 MJ

1988, Jeep Comanche, Base.

n6603948_31472683_706.jpg

Stock Configuration:

4.0L / BA-10 / D35 / SWB

Notes: I bought this truck on May 13th, 2006. It had 104,XXX miles on it then and it was completely stock. I don't know the name for the factory paint color, it was a navy blue metallic paint though. It had a dark blue interior with a bench seat. The truck had a "Comanche" drop in bed-liner. The rear window was a one piece window, the wing windows were fixed. No Air Conditioning and no power options, with the basic gauge cluster. The truck had factory 10 hole steel wheels on it with black center caps and stainless beauty rings. The truck had previously been in an accident, forever tweaking the uni-body on the drivers side. The impact happened in the drivers side front.

Current Configuration:

4.0L (Original) / AX-15 ('89 YJ) / NP-231 AMC ('90 MJ) / D30 ('92 XJ) / D44 ('87 XJ)

Notes: The truck is now painted 2003 Chrysler Electric Blue Metallic with color matched rocker panel spray. The bed and bumpers were coated with a spray on bed-liner at the local body shop. Gray bucket seats from a '92 MJ have replaced the stock bench and a Gray XJ center console has been added, the rest of the interior is stock. A sliding rear window has replaced the stock one piece, wing windows were replaced with the pop open type. A factory MJ cargo light and switch panel have been added. A Full gauge cluster has been added to the instrument panel, with a Radioshack CB Radio and Astatic CB Antenna. The truck is lifted with a combination of Rusty's Offroad, Rubicon Express, M.O.R.E., JKS, and Clayton Offroad aftermarket parts. The front Bumper is a JCR Offroad Stage 4 model. The rear bumper is the "original" $500 MJ Rear Bumper, made to match the front JCR Offroad bumper well before JCR Offroad started making their version. A spare tire carrier has been fabricated for the bed and a removable Chrome Rollbar with additionally removable Canoe Rack have been fitted to the truck. Chrome trims for the doors came from an XJ Wagoneer, Chrome tailgate handle, 10 slot grille and fender badges from an '86 MJ. The motor is stock. The trans is stock. The transfer case has undergone the Advance Adapters SYE Kit. The front driveshaft is a stock XJ shaft. The rear shaft has been fabricated to fit the SYE kit. The rear axle is currently geared at 3.55 and is open, '98 ZJ disc brakes have been adapted to this axle. The front axle is stock, open, and geared at 3.55. Wheels are 15 x 10" Eagle Alloy Series 187 (no longer available). The tires are 33 x 12.5 x R15 Yokohama Geolander AT + II. Current mileage 130,XXX.

Build date: Not Known

Current Location: Fitchburg, Wisconsin. The truck was bought in Paris, Michigan (I know I am at least the third owner).

Current & Forever owner: Brent Marsh

I am going to keep this page up to date with the changes this truck goes through, there are still lots of things that are planned, I don't think it will ever be "done". This page was last updated on 6-26-2020.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

correct vin 1JTMW6410JT131756

body: TL61

*B1-DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

-Q8-DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

AGC-Black Ram 1500 Sport Group

APA-Monotone Paint

BCQ-750 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

CBA-Straight Back Bench Seat

CGX-RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating

CKA-Carpets - Floor and Cargo Area

DDJ-DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

ERB-4.0L I6 Engine

GSC-Right Black Mirror

JJA-Cigar Lighter

LAP-Shift Indicator Warning Lamp

LMA-Halogen Headlamps

NAA-Federal Emissions

PQ9-DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

QQ9-DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

RAB-AM/FM Radio

SBA-Power Steering

TBG-Compact Spare Tire

WMC-Open

1JTMW6410JT131756

Build Date 2/4/88

Body Model TL61

*B1 TRIM STYLE B1 - CLOTH &&&& VNL BENCH SEAT
-Q8  
AGC  
APA MONOTONE PAINT PACKAGE
BCQ Battery - 750 Amp Maintenance Free
CBA BENCH SEAT - STRAIGHT BK
CGX Head Restraints-Outboard Seating, RR
CKA CARPETS - CLASS I SHORT PILE 8 - 12 OZ
DDJ 5SPD MANUAL TRANS A881 (JA-41)
ERB ENGINE - 4.0L I6 MPI GAS
GSC MIRROR - RIGHT BLACK
JJA CIGAR LIGHTER - FRT COMP
LAP FUEL ECONOMY SHIFT INDICATOR LIGHT
LMA HALOGEN HEADLAMPS
NAA ESA W/CATALYST (EXC CALIF SYSTEM)
PQ9  
QQ9  
RAB Radio - AM/FM
SBA POWER STEERING
TBG SPARE TIRE - COMPACT
WMC BASE WHEEL DRESS - UP (INCLS TRIM RING)

• 8 months later...