Project AMC-V8 / 5spd / AMC-20 MJ . . .

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol must be nice, My 2WD Manche is rolling through her second winter and do it with no rear brakes :) !

This was going to be my MJs last winter further cemented by the upper door hinge pulling out of the cab post . . .last winter indeed ! ! !

Plus V8 2WD no weight n snow = Bad idea !

Mike

Lol must be nice, My 2WD Manche is rolling through her second winter and do it with no rear brakes :) !

This was going to be my MJs last winter further cemented by the upper door hinge pulling out of the cab post . . .last winter indeed ! ! !

Plus V8 2WD no weight n snow = Bad idea !

Mike

One of the worst storms we ever had around here was the 'April Fools Day Storm',

broke just about every snow record for inches of snow per hour, inches in 24 hours, etc etc.

Crazy storm that dumped close to 30" overnight.

I made it to work the next day in my 2wd MJ. :D

Had 4" lift, on 31's.

I filled the back up with cinderblocks & snow,

the back bumper dragging the ground probably raised the ft up to 5" lol.

but I made the 20 mile round trip to work no problem. :thumbsup:

I'm very impressed with the abilities of a 2WD jeep it has out most the 4WDs in met on the road this year :) !

I can't wait to see how this Honcho will perform . . .

Something about Jeeps, even the 2WDs seem very capable in slippery/Mucky/Snowy messes !

How did Jeep get their Rigs to out perform the rest ? ? ? Is it a purposely engineered ability ? ? ?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm picking up my AMC-20 tomorrow after noon from a fellow member, yes ill take photos !

Don't I always ;-)

Mike

make sure you get plenty of pictures with some sight of my mj in it too:thumbsup: just kidding my mj is too ugly for picture right now. :roll:

:thumbsup: :cheers:

Did you get the axleshafts with it too? (don't look like they are there in the pics)

If they are already out, and you get a chance,

could you post up the axle shaft lengths please?

I'm curious if their lengths are the same as the 60" wide (wide body) Model 20 used in AMC cars.

When I get a chance I will post up the lengths of the 60" wide automotive M20s shafts for comparison.

Glad to see you got it. image_209027.gif

Long trip from my house to yours I haven't done anything with it yet just snapped some photos and put it away.

It looks a bit narrow might not be the right one :( But its still an AMC-20 at a decent price so I'm still happy even if it don't fit the MJ jamminz.gif

Mike

Long trip from my house to yours I haven't done anything with it yet just snapped some photos and put it away.

It looks a bit narrow might not be the right one :( But its still an AMC-20 at a decent price so I'm still happy even if it don't fit the MJ jamminz.gif

Mike

yeah I'm sorry for long trip but at least its worth to get your amc-20 :cheers: also really? i though its mj amc20 as you told me? :dunno:

I guessed it was an MJ AMC-20, but I think the MJ-20 had solid axles and these appear to have a big nut on the ends.

Making it a 2 piece axled unit . . .

Either way I love AMC-20s so I'm happy with the purchase :cheers:

Mike

I guessed it was an MJ AMC-20, but I think the MJ-20 had solid axles and these appear to have a big nut on the ends.

Making it a 2 piece axled unit . . .

Either way I love AMC-20s so I'm happy with the purchase :cheers:

Mike

ah no wonder, well are you plan to get superior axle shaft for it? its nice upgrade tho :clapping:

haha alright good to hear that! :thumbsup: