Do Long beds and Short Beds have the same Frame?

Its not two different frames just for 6 inches... the beds are 6 foot, and 7 foot, it is 6 inches longer in front of the tire different and 6 inches longer behind the tire different. Does that make more sense?

So you're saying that the only difference between the two trucks is different wheel placement and a different bed; everything else is the same?

Everything regarding the fuel system (tank, filler, lines) is different from the cab on back. The frames on course are completely different. The rear shock mounts are different. Driveshafts, brake lines/cables, etc. are different.

About the only compatible parts aft of the cab are the tailgate, diff/brake drums, leaf springs, fender flares, and fuel filler door. Probably forgot some too........ :cheers:

I've got my truck bed off the frame right now. I'm just wondering how different they are. I can take a picture of mine and post it and someone with a long bed can tell me the difference? I've very OCD when it comes to getting exactly what I want and I searched forever for the newest Comanche they make and the best for off road. I own a 92 Short Bed Base Truck, with hardly any cosmetic damage and it's in great shape. I really just want to shred any regret that I have not getting the long bed. I think the only benifit is that you can hold more stuff in it?

Oh, well. Yall tell me what you think and I'll get a picture up shortly.

Thanks,

8)

I searched forever for the newest Comanche they make and the best for off road. I own a 92 Short Bed Base Truck,

you do not want a long bed for off road, harder to maneuver tight trails, and poor approach due to the bumper dragging when going up a steep incline.

my long bed is a daily driver, and i love having that extra bed space.

people around here do wheel the long beds, not that you can't. and mvusse does one sweet job of stuffing that long bed all over the place. :yes:

I searched forever for the newest Comanche they make and the best for off road. I own a 92 Short Bed Base Truck,

you do not want a long bed for off road, harder to maneuver tight trails, and poor approach due to the bumper dragging when going up a steep incline.

my long bed is a daily driver, and i love having that extra bed space.

people around here do wheel the long beds, not that you can't. and mvusse does one sweet job of stuffing that long bed all over the place. :yes:

I love my long bed. For me its best because I use the truck for both offroad and work use. I've been on two trail runs in the past month and have loaded the bed completely full with over a ton twice this week. Yes, sometimes when wheeling a shortbed would be nice, only because of the better breakover angle. On the other hand, I love how a LWB can climb the steepest of the steep obstacles with open axles and amazing stability when a rubicon TJ can't.

I love how a LWB can climb the steepest of the steep obstacles with open axles and amazing stability when a rubicon TJ can't.

SWB can do that too. :yes: The differences between a SWB and LWB offroad usually boil down to the LWB dragging its bumper all over the place. That extra 6" of overhang after the rear axle can be an issue. The extra 6" of wheelbase is really not that big of a deal. :thumbsup:

I love my long bed. For me its best because I use the truck for both offroad and work use. I've been on two trail runs in the past month and have loaded the bed completely full with over a ton twice this week. Yes, sometimes when wheeling a shortbed would be nice, only because of the better breakover angle.

Once I get rolling again here, I will be doing the same. I have that unicorn Eliminator which I can't really do much with, so I am going to build up my '90 LWB for work, and mild trail use. I have always loved longbeds, and after years of driving both, the LWB's just look better in my eyes. Plus, in my old SWB, with a toolbox, and a spare tire, bedspace in a SWB goes for a premium.

But believe you me, on the LWB, there will be a stout rear bumper and some rear rocker protection for @$$ dragging prowess.

Rob L. :D