Closed cooling question

Ok my cooling issues all make sense now! I have had the crack in it since the thermostat stuck and it overheated, blowing a small hole in the bottle. So I replaced the stat and burped the system and it drove fine for a week then it overheated again and coolant was spraying out of the overflow bottle. I burped it again and put some epoxy on it for now until I can make it to the JY.

There are a few companies making them out of aluminum, and are really good. Also, check with napa, I think one of the parts stores had them new, dealer too.

Because a JY bottle will have the same problem yours has. Its old, dry, and brittle.

Rob L. :thumbsup:

So I replaced the stat and burped the system and it drove fine for a week then it overheated again and coolant was spraying out of the overflow bottle.

Correction. That hunk of plastic is NOT an overflow bottle. It is a surge tank and it is an integral part of the pressurized cooling system.

Mine just cracked and I ordered one on Ebay for $16 + plus shipping came to about $25. Here is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-88-89 ... ccessories

I ordered on Sunday, shipped out Monday and I got it today. I also bought a Jeep from Steve White motors they are a good dealer to do business with.

x2.....I would definently buy from him again :cheers: