Big Red-- now with new meats and Beadlocks

I have some up date here and please don’t laugh to hard. I am not a body guy and this truck is just for the trails so what your about to see is my way of fixing the holes in the floor of my truck.

Before:

I used some roofing flashing and then i ran out so i had to be creative :brows:

I also got some new toys for me

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my bumpers built to day the rear was already a 4x4 piece square that I added some 1”x3” solid stock for tow point that should be good. Here are some pics of the rear.

Here a shot of the welding that hold the tow point in place

And the front I used a piece of 2x6 rectangle with a brush guard for a XJ that was cut to fit and the same tow point that where on the back were used up front as well. Here is a few shot of the front and how it is mounted.

Front tow point

Driver side mounting points

Well this deal just fell into my lap my wife works with this chick whose boyfriend thing has an Isuzu Amigo :nuts: (to each his own) that he has built for off road and what have you. It had 34x10.5 TSL’s on it, had being the key word now I have them. jamminz.gif I am going to mount them up on a set of stock steel wheel for an extra set to play with. I will get pics up tomorrow. There brand new well for the most part they only have like 6-10 runs on them.

here is a pic of the tires that i will be running i think unless i sell them

Got my rear shocks mounted to day I think this should hold for a while or I hope so

Well then after that the guy that does my welding had a little dirt pile out back so I thought that this would be a great time to get some poser shot of the jeep.

Well this deal just fell into my lap my wife works with this chick whose boyfriend thing has an Isuzu Amigo :nuts: (to each his own) that he has built for off road and what have you. It had 34x10.5 TSL’s on it, had being the key word now I have them. jamminz.gif I am going to mount them up on a set of stock steel wheel for an extra set to play with. I will get pics up tomorrow. There brand new well for the most part they only have like 6-10 runs on them.

here is a pic of the tires that i will be running i think unless i sell them

What's wrong with wheelin an Amigo. I had one and it was the $#!&.

479208_52.jpg

What's wrong with wheelin an Amigo. I had one and it was the $#!+.

479208_52.jpg

I don’t no it’s an Amigo. I just never thought off this as something that you would build to take out and play. Plus this kid’s set up was something else. I mean it worked for him and that is all that matters. By the way if the kids rig look like your old one I would more than likely not of said any thing that. And he was parting it out because the motor went and he want an Xbox or something.

• 2 months later...

well here is a bit of an up date. I have been wheeling the snot out of this truck since I rolled it out of the shop.

So lets get to some cool pic/video.

Wheeling shot looking down a hill

Well this was going to happen sooner or later

one more

Here are some video:

on board

This is the hill that i layed my truck over and also tore the lower control arm

So here is some pics of my front end axle damage.

• 4 months later...

wow i have not updated these in a while so I guess i should

Well I got the new axle under the front end and the lower control arms beefed up:

Well after that I wheeled the piss out of it and then i slid into a tree and got this:

That was on the Jan. 1 of 2008 great way to start the year out :roll:

Well then I decided it was time that i need to go long arms or at least get new upper and lower control arms because the ones I had were way to short. Well thing didn’t work out for the long arm so I went with the Rough Country drop bracket. Wow does this truck handle a lot better than it did.

Now this will get me up today yesterday me and a buddy went up to DIY4x to pick up a set of do it your self bead locks. All I have at the house are my outer rigs so you no I just had to put some paint on them.

And any of you guys get a chance to do business with DIY4x do it those guys rock.

More pic in the next week or 2 once I get all 128 bolt to bolt my wheels together Yeah 128 bolts :eek: 32 bolts per tire that should keep those skinny tires on there. jamminz.gif

i ended up selling the 88 long box and the 87 is the wifes and also it was my first. And the 89 is my toy so not right now nothing is for sale.

Good luck on finding one if you go to the for sale section there is always one for sale.

• 4 weeks later...