brake woes

here is the deal...

for the past 8-10 months i have had sub-par brakes. the pedal will travel about 3/4 of the throw until there is enough pressure to slow the truck down.

new parts:

MC (3rd different one in the past time period). bench bled.

rear drums have been COMPLETELY rebuilt. new everything.

no air in the lines, guarantee.

when i hit the brakes, the small chamber in the MC shoots a stream about 1 foot high under full brake pressure (my 92 MJ does not do that). the cap seal can't contain that pressure so it is always leaking fluid.

here is the kicker, ever since i put on Rubi Express brake lines front and rear, the brakes have been crappy. i almost think they are expanding (causing the long brake pedal throw). but i don't see what could be causing the huge pressure in the MC.

so my questions are, is anyone else running the RE SS lines with good/bad feedback? i was thinking about putting the stock lines back on temporarily to see if that changes anything.

I have them on my XJ... I can't complain.. the brake pedal is the same it always has been.. But I still have the old crappy MC/Booster on mine.

Shooting the fluid out of the MC though sounds like something is clogging up in there and the fluid is coming back instead of going through it.

I have them on my XJ... I can't complain.. the brake pedal is the same it always has been.. But I still have the old crappy MC/Booster on mine.

Shooting the fluid out of the MC though sounds like something is clogging up in there and the fluid is coming back instead of going through it.

bad caliper(s) maybe?

You should not be shooting any brake fluid out of the MC reserve when you apply the brakes.

The reserve is there to "supply" fluid to the lines, sounds like it's applying pressure in the wrong direction :eek:

What are you running for the distribution valve, a stock MJ one, or did you swap it out with an XJ Proportioning valve?? Do you still have the stock rear load leveler in place??

It could be the lines, but if there collapsed internally, then your more than likely to have the calipers locking up, and not releasing.

You should not be shooting any brake fluid out of the MC reserve when you apply the brakes.

The reserve is there to "supply" fluid to the lines, sounds like it's applying pressure in the wrong direction :eek:

What are you running for the distribution valve, a stock MJ one, or did you swap it out with an XJ Proportioning valve?? Do you still have the stock rear load leveler in place??

It could be the lines, but if there collapsed internally, then your more than likely to have the calipers locking up, and not releasing.

I'm baffled as to why the reserve is launching fluid too...

i have a Wilwood prop valve under the hood.

I'm baffled as to why the reserve is launching fluid too...

i have a Wilwood prop valve under the hood.

But do you still have the OEM distribution block in place? Do you still have the two lines to the rear, and the rear height-sensing valve?

And is the Wilwood proportioning valve in the front circuit or the rear? If it's in the rear, which line runs to it?

i have seen master cyls shoot fluid up a little when you pump it with the lid off to bleed them its normal.

as for the SS lines the rubber inside could be cracked and the lines fill up as well as the rubber inside of them before it hits the caliper to slow you down

i bought a st of these SS line for my samurai from ebay and there cheap on price and work 110%

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainles ... ccessories

login and e-mail him he can make them for the keeps i already talked to him about it and there like 65.00 shipped