Olympic Gold Medal Hocky USA vs. Canada

HOrnbrod

So did you guys.....excellent game, decided by one goal in overtime. :cheers:

i was glad to see it come down to OT. amazing game. sad to see USA lose, but also glad to see Canada when on the home ice.

2 X's that :yes:

I'm also glad O' Canada won that game, heck, it's your game to begin with :D

Even thought Brian Miller (Buffalo Saber) is one of the best goalies in the league :roll:

the best part was Miller(USA/Sabers goalie) talking to Lindy Ruff(Canada Asst Coach/Sabers Head Coach) just after the game, I kept thinking "Thanks for the allowing the goal, but I'll bench you if you let Sid do it on Tuesday"

the best part was Miller(USA/Sabers goalie) talking to Lindy Ruff(Canada Asst Coach/Sabers Head Coach) just after the game, I kept thinking "Thanks for the allowing the goal, but I'll bench you if you let Sid do it on Tuesday"

LMAO. :rotf:

Prolly right, they know well where their bread is buttered, but the checking and work ethic in this game was better than you ever see in the NHL except perhaps in a Stanley Cup game seven. Both teams went all out, super game. Enjoyed seeing the pros playing their hearts out for their respective mother countries. :cheers:

Didn't get to see any of the game :fs1: but I did watch most of the closing ceremonies. I gotta say that the entire Canadian games (the small malfunction that happened at the opening ceremonies notwithstanding) were outstanding. The closing ceremonies were absolutely top notch, and really showed Canadian pride in country, people, heritage and tradition. Canada really outdid itself :Canadaflag:

.....and the giant inflatable beavers were awesome :rotf:

Jeff

AWESOME game. Great action all the way through and I couldn't be happier that Canada won. :Canadaflag:

But given how many players on each team play for each other's NHL teams, its kinda like the ultimate game of NHL pickup lol.

I too thought the closing ceremonies were great. Even better than the opening imo. I couldn't stop laughing at all the beaver, 'I'm Sorry', etc jokes.

Well, my whale blubbers just finishing up on the fire pit so gotta get back to my igloo. Sorry, eh.

At the beginning of the game Canada was killing us on the boards. Everytime the puck was dumped in Canada was all over it. It wasnt looking good for the USA. Canada definately won that game on the boards and in the corners. I HATED to see Canada win.