Emis Maint Light??

Its a little clear box under the dash, glove box side. Looks like a clock for a bomb. Tried finding a pic of it, but came up empty.

Mine is on the drivers side. I think it was originally boled up against the side near the radio/heater. It is now stuffed up on top of the column.

yup, should be on the drivers side towards the center of the dash. It's just a timer, designed to go off and remind you that it may be time to change out the 02 sensor. The dash light doesn't actually mean that anything is wrong. :thumbsup:

I'm amazed that 20+ years later, there are still so many MJ's out there that haven't turned 70-80k miles yet. :yes:

Here's a pic I stole (and modified ;) ) from the last maintenance light thread:

You can also buy the EMR Here. But, just why would you? I had a thread here about a week ago asking the same question. I thought of better things to spend $45.00 on. I also see them on eBay a lot but wonder if they are at 77,000 miles and I'd get the reminder a week after buying it. I keep an engine log so I can remember when to change oil and other routine maintenance along with parts numbers of replaced parts. It's a lot better system then an idiot light on the dash.

Mac...

thanks guys :cheers: ill nose around for it and unplug it when i get the chance :D does unplugging it short anything else out or should i just pull it and forget about it?

nope. just unplug it. :thumbsup: