90 eliminator DD

Why lower it? Not sure I follow. :dunno:

because I've already done the lift thing, and then it won't look funny with 215's.

ok, agreed on the 215s looking like temp spares on a 4wd, but assuming you are going for economy as a DD I wouldn't think going from 225s to 215s is gonna make much of a difference, jmo. :chillin:

*shrug*

not trying to bust your nads, just seems like you're overthinking it. a steady foot and consistent air pressure in yout tires will probably get you the same mpg. :dunno:

Why lower it? Not sure I follow. :dunno:

because I've already done the lift thing, and then it won't look funny with 215's.

ok, agreed on the 215s looking like temp spares on a 4wd, but assuming you are going for economy as a DD I wouldn't think going from 225s to 215s is gonna make much of a difference, jmo. :chillin:

*shrug*

not trying to bust your nads, just seems like you're overthinking it. a steady foot and consistent air pressure in yout tires will probably get you the same mpg. :dunno:

I'm not thinking it at all...I'd just like a lowered comanche. there's no real reason for it, I just want to.

got her moving :D

just filled the tcase, put in the rear driveshaft, and moved it forward 3 feet.

need to put speedo cable/sender in, front driveshaft in, new ignition tumbler in, reassemble the steering column, finish up the seats and interior, and replace the rear window. then she'll be done and driveable.

• 2 weeks later...
this is going to take an interesting twist. I'll post when said twist is completed.

after saying he wants to lower it, he found an unbeatable deal on a 5 inch lift kit, so up it goes! :clapping: at least thats my guess

What about that '98 XJ? Maybe a '98 Eliminator in the works? :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...

almost fixed. sold today for $1050 to a kid who's friends with 89eliminator. only sold it because it's a decent profit, and I know of a 97 xj I'm gonna look at getting for a DD...I already have trucks, don't need another one if I can opt for passenger space.