90 eliminator DD

I picked this up a week ago for $250.

90 eliminator 4x4

5 speed (ax15)

np231

d35 rear, 30 front.

tonneau cover (cover is ripped, frame and ribs are intact)

drop-in bedliner

split rear window

dealer install sunroof

cruise

tilt

buckets w/ center console (original MJ parts)

the transmission is in the back of the truck, because the slave cyl and clutch were bad. I have a clutch but will buy a new slave as well as master cylinder. Unfortunately, the owner lost the keys, so I had to remove the key tumbler just to get it home...I'll be replacing all of the keys with chrysler era for just a single key system.

basically, it needs a complete cleaning...seats and carpet and interior removed, vacuum it all out as I'm sure it does have mice in it, and get to work on the rest of it.

I'll be putting an np242 in it, since it will be a DD. the rockers and cab corners are gone, but the floors are pretty much perfect. it needs one window in the slider because that's broke, and the bed is rusty above the wheel wells so it will need some attention too.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

well, the seats are out, carpet is out. I'm VERY impressed with the floor...it's ridiculously nice. I'll post pics when I'm done...now I need to run to my garage, pick up a battery, my shop vac, an extension cord, and a couple empty cans of gas plus a new can so I can drain the tank and put good gas in it.

I'm going to bolt the bellhousing to the motor with the CPS before I even think about putting the trans in....if it won't run, it's getting a different motor.

well, got all of the stuff I needed. finally got the hood open (once again using Pete's DIY instructions on how to open the hood) and was worried when I found that the intake tube was not hooked to the air box...removed it to find no issues with mouse nests or anything.

plopped a battery in it, put a key tumbler, and turned everything on...again, pleasantly surprised to find that everything works, and no mouse smell comes out of the heater.

after the pics of the floor upload, I'm going to get her running.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

nice score, floors look pretty clean, besides the 242 what other plans do you have for it?

Thanks,

plans are a set of cherokee shackles to drop the rear 3/4", 4 cyl coils to drop the front 1", and eventually going down to 215's rather than 225's.

the only other things are to fix the body, eventually, and it will get a factory plow soon because my rent gets cheaper if I plow.

this will be a somewhat low street truck and daily driver.

got the glass out of the channels on the broken part of the split rear. I'll have to pull the window to put the new piece in, though.

Image Not Found

removed the drop-in and the tonneau cover rails to find a nice clean bed

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

overhead of sunroof

Image Not Found

knee board also removed

Image Not Found

new trans from a YJ with an np242 hooked up to it.

Image Not Found

old trans w/ np231. this one needs a complete tear-down...it has water in it and is frozen

Image Not Found

good day. it needs a new fuel pressure regulator oring, that leaks.

isnt the np242 a full time t case?

yup. gonna be a daily driver, so I want the part time/full time option.

the shifter will then read

2wd

full time

part time

neutral

4 low

thats pretty kool i wanna see how that works out its something id consider

2wd

full time

part time

neutral

4 low

you have your full time and part time reversed. :D

2wd

part time

full time

neutral

4 lo

2wd

full time

part time

neutral

4 low

you have your full time and part time reversed. :D

2wd

part time

full time

neutral

4 lo

eh, they're all still there.

well, ordered the new slave and master cylinder, will pick them up on friday.

need to do before I can drive it:

re-install trans with new clutch, slave, pilot bushing, and master as well as new trans and tcase fluid, and swap to np242 shifter and linkages

valve cover gasket

PCV system needs replaced/repaired

air filter

oil change

check serpentine pulleys, replace and clean as needed

t-stat, and replace t-stat housing with ported H.O. housing

swap to open system (closed systems SUCK)

coolant flush

top off differentials...I'll be replacing them sooner than later with rebuilt ones, which I will rebuild, prep, and paint prior to removing from these trucks. I'll also put the lighter load coils up front and xj shackles in back at that time

clean and paint the small amount of rust on floors

clean and undercoat underside of floors

install interior after cleaning the seats and carpet

swap out the rims and tires.

replace split rear window

so, alot of little things to do

after fighting the old pilot bearing/sleeve for an hour and a half, it's out. also come to find that the clutch that was in it looks like brand new.

cleaned the flywheel, pressure plate, put the new pilot bushing in, waiting for the brake clean to dry before putting the clutch in. prepped the trans with the proper shifter stuff and tightened down the np242.

gonna go back outside and toss her together now :D

well, the trans is (finally) in. np242 is bolted up, shift linkages in, crossmember and trans mounts are in.

I have to pick up the proper socket to drain and fill the t-case, and I need a new slip-yoke because this one is too crudded up to run without leaking, plus it won't even slide onto the tcase because the inside is too corroded.

also need to toss the front driveshaft in, and lock the CAD (or set up a vacuum switch, like my wheeler).

also inspected the brakes, they're close to new (just a little rusty). cracked the wheel cylinder bleeders in the rear and pumped some fluid out, so (surprisingly) I think the rear brakes will actually work with the factory prop. valve.

and, the driver's side seat cover is in the washer right now..

good day. the clutch works great, trans shifts nicely. I do also have to swap the actual shifter handles around for the ax15, as the MJ lower shifter base is shorter than the YJ shifter base (so it won't shift if you put the MJ one in)

Why lower it? Not sure I follow. :dunno:

because I've already done the lift thing, and then it won't look funny with 215's.

ok, agreed on the 215s looking like temp spares on a 4wd, but assuming you are going for economy as a DD I wouldn't think going from 225s to 215s is gonna make much of a difference, jmo. :chillin:

Why lower it? Not sure I follow. :dunno:

because I've already done the lift thing, and then it won't look funny with 215's.

ok, agreed on the 215s looking like temp spares on a 4wd, but assuming you are going for economy as a DD I wouldn't think going from 225s to 215s is gonna make much of a difference, jmo. :chillin:

*shrug*