Project "Grandpa Jeep" (the anti-build)

• 5 months later...
Any new updates?

Been daily driving it since the day I took it home.

Running well, but kinda a shame watching the OD click past 35k miles.

I have a full box of stuff I'm waiting for time to bolt on

(AMC mudflaps, NOS metal 'Mopar' rain guards, late model electric fan, lift shackles, CB with AMC microphone, and some other random stuff),

and I AM going to Comanche hell for still NOT YET pulling the rug out of it to check for/grind out rust :doh:

I also had very squeeeeeekie balljoints (non-greasable lowers) for a month, or two that I need to replace

(they stopped squeaking, but that doesn't make me feel any better about still driving on them everyday).

There's also still a few dozen push pins holding the headliner up, and the roof section is screaming for a repaint.

(I did replace the dented ft bumper in the sig pic tho).

Since it's the end of September, I guess the thing I should be working on most is to come up with anything else to drive over the winter.

2 more things to make it the ultimate grandpa jeep. A turn handle on the steering wheel and a compass mouted on the dash.

don't forget to add the 1" reflector tape stripes down each side, and across the front and rear bumpers! ( Ive actually seen a grandpa truck done like that before! )

• 10 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I’ve been doing a lot of work to this exact truck and wanted to document it in the same place as the original recently I repainted the inside of the bed after removing the bed liner, and ceramic waxed the truck to get it extra shiny 

C8F26C19-1739-45EF-B3E0-44B40B15F2D7.jpeg

B0CF6825-D9C4-4CCD-8B21-4B130169A075.jpeg

161BB8FB-B559-4D7E-A677-CDA62C4D4CFC.jpeg