New tires:

Sir Sam

Well about 1.5 hours after getting off the phone with people putting out a claim, the tires showed up. I left for an appointment and came back to them at home! yay!

I asked my roomate(who was playing wow in the living room all day) if anyone knocked. Nope.

Either someone realized the **** was hitting the fan and sneaky dropped em off, or something else happened(fedex always delivers early at my house, so its a little odd they would be here in the afternoon). In any case, they are here now:

yt1.jpg

yt2.jpg

yt3.jpg

yt4.jpg

yt5.jpg

yt6.jpg

This is a cropped fullsize picture from my new camera, a half-way decent lense coupled with the huge resolution allows for pretty good detail on the native image:

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/2000_Y ... om/yt7.jpg

And for the heck of it a picture of the CRD:

yt8.jpg

WOW< I didnt see that at all!! (Thats TWICE tonight!)

They have some good looking tread designs!!

https://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/pro ... -mt-d.aspx

Let us know how you like them!!

I remember re-treads, I had them on a car some 30 years ago!! IIRC, DMV wouldn't reg my car till I got them off!! LOL

CW

Ya, when I first heard of them I was kinda like "retreads?" Because I remember in the 80s when retreads were more common, and also failed all the time. I looked into them and only read positive reviews online from a few magazine type places.

After I ordered them I posted up on several different Jeep websites, heard back from a dozen different people who had them, had nothing bad to say and everything good to say. According to those people the kedge grip is awesome, I can't wait to try them out.

They also have mud terrain and MTR knockoffs, throw in a couple of extra bucks for the kedge grip and your good to go.

Yup there fantastic tires, i wouldn't have gone with the BFG AT tread myself I don't like them but i won't go into that.

These New retreading design's n concepts they are using these days are nothing like the old style Cap's that's for sure.

Mike

The key to good caps these days is to have a really good casing to start with, and the fact they are on Bridgestone casings says a lot for Treadwright's quality IMO. Bridgestones, particularly in their commercial tire line, have one of, if not THE strongest casings out there.

The key to good caps these days is to have a really good casing to start with, and the fact they are on Bridgestone casings says a lot for Treadwright's quality IMO. Bridgestones, particularly in their commercial tire line, have one of, if not THE strongest casings out there.

Hey now let's not forget the Goodyear's Commercial tires like G177 Duraseals ? or the Firstone T831's both are very strong tires.

G177's:

T831s:

both great tires . . .

Mike

I bought five, 33-12.50 15 Treadwrights for one of my trucks, I'd have to say that the things that sold me on the recaps was this: First the price, I got the tires with matching casings delivered for $536 dollars. Second was the fact that some commercial airliners use them, bet a lot of people don't even know that they are landing on retreads. The tires are rated for a set # of take-off/landing cycles, then retreaded again. The "seasoned" casings are kind of like a rebuilt engine block, actually better the second time around.

they are only illegal for steer axles of commercial Rigs on road where the posted speed is in excess of 45mph.

no highway's in town only 45mph n slower is lawful 45mph and faster is against the law . . .

yes that's how it read's 45mph is the grey are so are legal some aren't . . . Rural route v.s. county highway . . .

Mike

• 1 month later...

Plan on buying another set in a few days, this time 31-10.5-15s. these will go on the 88. haven't had a chance to run the other set (33-12.5-15s on the 87) as the 87 is a long work in progress. I haven't decided on tread profile yet.

Nice. OF course missing one of the center caps, there always seems to be one missing. :hmm:

I installed all the center caps when I put the tires on, I promptly lost 2.

They were in my other wheels for years, and then when I removed the centercap and reinstalled them I suddenly lost them, I think the springy-ness of the cap had degraded over 10 years, and when I removed them I put the final nail in the coffin.

Guess I'll buy some new ones.

• 1 month later...
How are you liking these tires? Any updates on any wear or other issues........I'm thinking about ordering some for my XJ because I'm tired of patching the ones that are on it. :roll:

Doing just fine, ride is kinda rough with them compared to the old tires, but they are load range E, what should you expect?

At Costco a few weeks back a guy on his smoke break out by the tire service was looking at the Jeep, said they were awesome tires, "you get the strongest sidewall and the all terrain tread, its the best of both!"

Haven't heard one report of any failure of them. One guy had problems with one, manufacturing defect, but the company sent him a new one right away.