LKQ trip and Meet and Greet > FEB 6th, 2010.

Automan2164

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta' love LKQ, got both my axles from there, I'm in.

4 posts.... and lives half between Rob and I.... Glad to have you aboard...

Only bad thing... another member here trolling the Rockford CL for treasures..... ;)

Gotta' love LKQ, got both my axles from there, I'm in.

4 posts.... and lives half between Rob and I.... Glad to have you aboard...

Only bad thing... another member here trolling the Rockford CL for treasures..... ;)

Thanks, glad to be here! Don't have to worry about me takin anyone's treasure for a while tho, as I currently have no cash, lol =/

I don't know how many of you guys are dark beer drinkers (I sure am). I can arrange to bring a six pack of the good stuff from when I was at college in the UP.

Any takers?

If not I'll still get it for myself. :yes:

:cheers:

I just sat down, and tried this for the first time, at the urging of some friends:

pabst%20blue%20ribbon1.jpg

Not bad... Won't say i'll get it all the time, but if its around, I could drink it.

Brent, ever heard of The hook and ladder brewing company? Its a beer started by some firefighters... They make good stuff, and have some good dark stuff also... And a portion of all the proceeds goes to burn treatment funds. Wisconsin is starting to sell it in a lot of places.

http://www.hookandladderbeer.com/Public/Content.aspx

And Jake, you know the rules... :smart: Its going to be a Saturday, and if any under-agers want to drink, its up to you. I can help you get the stuff, but it doesn't leave my place, as soon as you start drinking, even if its just a sip, you aren't leaving until Sunday morning. I have plenty of room, and anyone is welcome to stay. Even those of age. No sense of anyone drinking and driving. ;)

Plus, I have the air-hockey table, pool table, ping pong, and all sorts of jazz in the lower level. jamminz.gif

Rob L.

Can't wait.

I've got the white '90 ripped apart right now, slowly putting a new waterpump in it and taking care of some "other things" at the same time I'm in there that deep. If things go as planned it will be back together and road worthy by Saturday. If they don't go as planned I guess I'll have to go out and resurrect the blue '88 to make the trip with... ;)

I'm at work now but I'm going to compile a list of the stuff I'm going to be looking for when we are there when I get home tonight. Maybe some of you guys will have some of it laying around and want to sell something, this way you could just bring it along...?

Ok, Here is what I'm going to be looking for when I'm at the j'yard with yalls this weekend...

- ZJ Steering Gear - to replace my Blue MJ's Steering Gear (Apparently these are less turns lock to lock...?)

- XJ/MJ OEM Front Fenders (...and maybe Header Panel) - I'm looking for a set of these that are CLEAN, the paint 'em and go kind...

- Any External Slaved AX-15 - for obvious reasons, I'm looking to grab the whole setup, as are most of you guys... image_209027.gif

- Any ?Renix? XJ/MJ WITHOUT air conditioning. I'm looking to grab all of the non-A/C parts and pieces off of it so I can get rid of the A/C on my '90, doesn't work anyway.

- Any Renix Era XJ/MJ with a manual trans to rob all of the missing parts off of for my automatic to manual swap on my '90.

- An OEM radio from an XJ/MJ preferably with a tape deck.

- Pre-HO Bezels, trims and 10 slot chrome grilles :yes: for the header panels (Pat, I'll get my stuff from you first and then fill in the blanks of stuff I still need when we're at the yard)...

- These for "steel" - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21299

- And God help any MJ that we find in the yard...

This is what I have here and can bring along if anyone wants/needs any of it:

- The whole '97+ Front Clip I have for sale. I'm really looking to move this thing, you could say that I am now a "motivated seller" ...cash and/or trade TALKS! I tried to take the "Comanche" Emblems off of it last weekend and I ended up peeling up the paint underneath the one on the passenger's (I think) side. Its not that I did a bad job of prep work on it, its just that I didn't think to use my heat gun and the 3M tape I used was doing its job until the end... :wall: Body work wise its all still there, just needs lots of filler primer now or a skim coat of fiberglass. Seriously looking to move this stuff though, make me an offer and I'll probably take it. I want it gone, I'm sick of moving it around my small apartment. Trades for parts I can use (even stuff I don't need now) are encouraged.

- XJ Clutch Plastic Hardline and Master Cyl. - FREE to you guys - I'll never use it...was cut off at the steel line to the slave, plastic line is good

- XJ/MJ Draglink - FREE to you guys - Came off of my '90 last fall, rod end is still good - ?might be OEM?

- XJ/MJ 2wd Front Discs and Semi-Metallic Brake Pads - Almost New Timken Wheel Bearings and Seals still on/in them - These came off of my '90 when I did the Slotted Front Rotors job this summer. I got sick of the Semi-Metallic dust all over my wheels all the time, old rotors were put in the new rotor boxes then stashed under my work bench, so I doubt they even have rust on them... - FREE to you guys - I'll never use them now that I have the new ones.

- Driveshaft parts, pinion yokes and whatnot - D35, 8.25, ?2wd AW4 yoke?, H Yoke - Prices vary from free to $20 on these, depending on their condition...all of 'em are cleaned up good.

Thats pretty much it, I do have lots of little parts like specialty bolts, studs and whatnot that you can't get at the hardware stores stashed away here. These I would want something in return for. I don't like to store dirty/rusty/greasy stuff so all of these little guys are clean enough to eat off of, organized in their bins, ready to use.

:thumbsup: I reserve the right to add up things I come across, I'm sure I'll come up with some more things I want to move outta here. :thumbsup:

I'm for sure planning on bringing along the 3.55 D30 gears I have so I can get those to you Pat.

:wavey:

10-4 brent.

dibs on the steering assembly you have...I can definitely use that.

I'll be bringing a couple 10 slot grilles and the headlight bezels as well as a tan chief header panel and an OEM driver's side fender for you...I haven't had a chance to pull the pass. fender off of my xj yet.

Its not an assembly, just the draglink piece below the adjustment sleeve...

You are looking for ZJ tie rods and draglinks???

Or you want the steering box?? The steering box is what determines the ratio.. not the tierods and drag links...

5 days....

BTW.. there was a Renix 4.0l manual with an AX-15 there last time Rob, Jake and I went.

You are looking for ZJ tie rods and draglinks???

Or you want the steering box?? The steering box is what determines the ratio.. not the tierods and drag links...

:doh: Yah, definitely looking for a steering box, don't need anything to do with the tie rods...

Good to know that there was a Renix Manual setup there, hopefully it still is there...

I also came across a bumper I have that I don't need, its Gray and comes with matching Gray end caps and some rusty bumper brackets if anyone needs it - FREE

...and I remembered that I also will be on the prowl for a V8 ZJ Sway Bar while we are there...