this morning, threw the plow on and went

engine feels great......

apparently, i threw the crankshaft through the block

huge hole and cracks everywhere

my oil pressure gauge never worked right

mechanic said oil pump went

sensor didnt tell me.....wham!

whatever water under the bridge

here's some pics for no apparent reason of the truck after 9 hrs of plowing, and idling

car wash.....salt is the enemy>>>>>>> :wall:

Is the lawn mower for traction weight?! :D

(Just realized it was probably a small snow blower. We don't have such things out here!!! :doh: )

I would check the battery cables first where it bolts to the block, then theres a ground strap that goes from the firewall to the block its near the end of the head. When we did the motor on mine we spent 3 weeks tracking down a electrical problem is was a broken soldered joint in the main engine wiring harness. Could be a number of things to I am sure one of the guru`s on here will have some more thoughts. I would bet it something under the hood not in the fuse box. Twenty year old wiring is allways fun and if you can't find anything obvious you may want to get the guy who changed it to fix it.

well, here it is in action......huge lot......worked perfect

look at all the scummy salt...i hate it

i got the account across the street from the stadium....great promo with signs up in spring time....tons of work generated from this site

i give owner a discount for letting me place these signs

anyways, thanks to everyone who helped me out

oh yeah.....friday night poker winnings!!!

first place, nice....only happens once in a while.

winning hand and pot

• 3 weeks later...

:typing:

i got under my truck on thursday at about noon to start just "checking things out"

ended up working until 11pm soapbox.gif

here's what i found and replaced or repaired

first....as i was under the truck, i noticed a bare wire, after further investigation, i noticed that it was the POSITIVE battery cable......so i checked the ground also and sure enough it was almost bare too. nuts right? theres a pic 4 ya i called the guy who just did the swap for me and confronted him with this' his response was....well in my defense.....you told me to do it as cheap as possible...WTF i was like..you put them back on like that!!! and if it was cheap....why was it an extra 400 bucks to change the rear main and valve cover gaskets? :headpop: thats y my resolution 4 the new year is never go to a garage again!! :thumbsup:

so i changed the cables, 8 bucks each...then started on everything else...

upper and lower control arms

track bar

end links

stabalizer

shocks

adjusted the rear brakes

ripped the front calipers apart and lubed them a little cuz they were sticking

prob some other crap i forgot too

then i started to get into the wiring cuz the same fing garage that did the swap did the plow wiring so its fubar

noticed headlight switch plug was burnt to a crisp, cut the wires off the clip, installed connectors and cleaned up the plug..well it all works ok for now (the electrical), but I'm not too crazy about the plow switch placement, so I'm mounting them on the dash

anyways, here's the pics

nuts right?

I would check the battery cables first where it bolts to the block, then theres a ground strap that goes from the firewall to the block its near the end of the head. When we did the motor on mine we spent 3 weeks tracking down a electrical problem is was a broken soldered joint in the main engine wiring harness. Could be a number of things to I am sure one of the guru`s on here will have some more thoughts. I would bet it something under the hood not in the fuse box. Twenty year old wiring is allways fun and if you can't find anything obvious you may want to get the guy who changed it to fix it.

guess i should of done this first, huh? :shake:

Holy car fire batman! :eek:

I'm adding you to the list of individuals who are never allowed to ask me why I don't let other people touch my trucks. ever. :typing: I do hope you learned a valuable lesson about trusting "professionals" with your babys. :cheers: