xj booster/ms swap

i just did the xj booster/mc/brake valve swap and i'm very happy with it.it takes alot less effort to stop now.i've already done the xj instrument cluster swap and the newer model valve cover and open cooling system conversion.my next steps are zj sway bar,wj front control arms and ho head with 99-up intake.i've had this truck for 10 years and haven't made this much improvements ever since i've had it.i was going to retire her but i'll think i'm going to hang onto he until she(or me) dies first

• 3 weeks later...

just did the wj control arms and a new tie rod at the pitman arm.steers much firmer now.my best friend pulled a fast one on me this christmas.the local jy had a burnt longbed mj that was the same color and same pioneer stripe package that mine has.the bed is near perfect,it just burnt the cab.i was going to buy it but funds were slim because of christmas but my boss gave us a last minute christmas bonus of $200(the same price of the bed)so i called to get the bed but the lady at the yard said it was sold but the man never picked it up.she says she'll call if he doessn't want it.i gave up and said oh well.well my friend tracked him down and he bought it for me.what a good friend.

• 2 weeks later...

just swapped beds this weekend.bed has a few very small dents but is 100% rust free.i just ordered a jcr offroad rear bumper for it and got a 97-01 cherokee wiper reservoir to install.still looking for a zj front sway bar.i'm buying my g'f a digital camera for her birthday this weekend so maybe i'll be able to post some pics of my progress.i also got a set of browndog motor mounts to install as well.

yeah,i'm trying.i just did replace the interior lights with the optronic ones from advance(cost a whole$7 for 2 of them) and got a set of cherokee under dash lights as well.the interior lights hadn't worked in years.the next step is to replace the door jamb switches so the lights will come on without me having to manually turn the lights on.i was going to do the wiper jug this weekend but the timing cover seal sprung a massive leak yesterday so i'm going to have to replace the seal and timing chain set first.i had just replaced the balancer with a professional products one 6 months ago and should have replace it then but it wasn't leaking so i didn't,oh well that's what i get for being lazy.hopefully soon i'll be able to post some pics.

well,i don't know if i've got tons done but it is moving forward.i only get to work on it on sundays if i don't have something else to do like fix friends or familys cars.if it weren't for comanche club and seeing how much others have done to there mj's then i wouldn't probably have done no where as much to it.my truck will never be as nice as some of the rigs on here but i just want to make it better than it was and hopefully last me a few more years.i want to do the ho head but it will be spring before that happens.i've already got the 99-up intake,fuel rail,injectors,p/s pump and bracket and tb.i've still got a throttle cable and apparently a trans kick down cable.hopefully in april or may that'll come together.

the HO head and 99+ intake is a crazy swap man, not sure if it's worth it but i can give yuo a parts list cause i just finished mine.

-head

-intake

-exhaust header

-exhaust intermediate pipe

-throttle cable and bracket on the intake

-power steering pump and lines (you'll need to use on of the new ones and one of the old ones and cut the return line a little shorter)

-some way of protecting the o2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, and knock sensor wires from the exhaust (different manifold and they'll get burnt)

-a LOT of miscellaneous vacuum stuff to get all the vacuum things put back together.

-the hesco TPS adapter

i forgot

-fuel lines for an HO and compression fittings to splice them with yours

-fuel rail for an HO

and if you get down to it i'll find out the length of my serpentine belt for you because it will be a random size that never fit any jeep, and routed like a late-model.

i'm buying my gf a digital camera.i already ordered it,just waiting for it to come in and for her to learn how to use it so i can post some pics.i'm definitly getting a 91-91 head and using the hesco tps adapter.do you have to change the trans kickdown cable?i've already got the throttle bracket and most everything else like tb,intake,rail,pump etc.

i just done the browndog motormounts.i cheaped out and classic style which are alot harsher than stock.i suggest getting the softer of the two for an everyday rig.on the plus side i don't think i'll have to worry about them failing as they supposedly have a lifetime warranty.hopefully i'll have time to do the timing chain/gears next weekend.

i just got my jcr offroad rearbumper on.i like it alot,but the gf thinks it's ugly but i really don't care.i also replaced my wiper pivot bushings and they really helped the sloppy wipers.still haven't replaced my timing chain set or done my 97 up cherokee wiper jug but it's coming.i do promise pics soon.i got my gf a digital camera and as soon as she figures out all the buttons i'll get some pics up.i think when i get alittle more money put back i'm getting a jcr front bumper as well.

i'm buying my gf a digital camera.i already ordered it,just waiting for it to come in and for her to learn how to use it so i can post some pics.i'm definitly getting a 91-91 head and using the hesco tps adapter.do you have to change the trans kickdown cable?i've already got the throttle bracket and most everything else like tb,intake,rail,pump etc.

can't help ya there brotha, i'm a manual kinda guy.

i know,i know.hopefully i can post pics this weekend.gf's daughter said she'd how her how to use the camera this week.i'm ignorant as hell about cellphones and cameras.i know just enough about a computer to get on it and look up car parts and nascar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just got my reflex bedliner sprayed in today and also replaced the straight pieces of window run channel with the jcwhitney stuff.the stuff fits great and for $18 you could do 3 doors.one less water leak now.still gathering stuff for ho head and 99-up intake swap.