newest production numbers that someone relayed to me on another forum

1986: 23,251 (all LWB)

1987: 6199 (SWB), 6685 (LWB)

1988: 6895 (SWB), 9167 (LWB)

1989: 5354 (SWB), 5021 (LWB)

1990: 3283 (SWB), 2129 (LWB)

1991: 5188 (SWB and LWB)

1992: 3142 (SWB and LWB)

now for 92, 3142 was the number of 4x4 MJs built. so that number of 952 that was floating around could be the number of 2wd MJs built. Now I'm not saying these ARE the correct figures, but its a start in my quest to find them. anyone chime in with info if you got it. these numbers were given in the book: Illustrated Buyer's Guide: Jeep, by Jim Allen

newest production numbers that someone relayed to me on another forum

1986: 23,251 (all LWB)

1987: 6199 (SWB), 6685 (LWB)

1988: 6895 (SWB), 9167 (LWB)

1989: 5354 (SWB), 5021 (LWB)

1990: 3283 (SWB), 2129 (LWB)

1991: 5188 (SWB and LWB)

1992: 3142 (SWB and LWB)

now for 92, 3142 was the number of 4x4 MJs built. so that number of 952 that was floating around could be the number of 2wd MJs built. Now I'm not saying these ARE the correct figures, but its a start in my quest to find them. anyone chime in with info if you got it. these numbers were given in the book: Illustrated Buyer's Guide: Jeep, by Jim Allen

I have said it once, and I'll say it again. My numbers off my site, are PRODUCTION numbers. As in, numbers of trucks built IN THAT YEAR, not MODEL YEAR. That why my numbers have trucks in '85. That's when they started making them for the '86 MY. So the 952 IS THE NUMBER PRODUCED FROM JANUARY 1992, TO END DATE 1992.

Wade, your numbers are the actual numbers for the Model years. Example: There are 3142 1992 MJ's. 952 of them were actually MADE in 1992.

Rob L.

Why don't we start a registry or somthing? Most of the muscle car guys do that. It won't tell us prod. numbers, but it will tell us whats left, seeing as how these trucks are getting hard to find. People send in their vin #'s and catalog them.

Why don't we start a registry or somthing? Most of the muscle car guys do that. It won't tell us prod. numbers, but it will tell us whats left, seeing as how these trucks are getting hard to find. People send in their vin #'s and catalog them.

Great idea. :smart:

I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet,

I have a 71 Javelin/AMX, and there was a guy who started a registry for those a bunch of years ago.

Only really required a form to fill out, (with your VIN, year, model, original options that you are aware of, build date if you know it, how long you've owned it, modifications, etc, etc), the data base, and the time by someone to create & maintain it.

There were so many MJ's made, you couldn't track all of them,

but a cross section of xx% built would be helpful, and you could try to track the rarer models: max option MJ's, Eliminators, 91/92's, etc.

I like it. :D

I will say that I have such and such truck. IE: year, model, drivetrain, and bed length. I will not be providing my VIN # on an open source like a forum. Call me paraniod if you want.

Anyone who rather not post it could just use the first half of the VIN (without the sequential numbers).

If someone knows what trim package, engine, tranny you have, they could figure out the first half anyway.

I don't like posting my license plate, but for whatever reason, posting the VIN doesn't bother me as much.

The same info could be gotten from the VIN (if it's registered) vs the plate, so maybe I'm :nuts:

I do know there are plenty of $100,000+ cars where the VIN's of them are all very well known, and published (AMX/SS's for one).

I guess it's possible that someone could illegally obtain a title for a car like that, and show up at the guy's house with the police,

but I've never heard of that kind of thing happening.