Has anyone thought of doing something like this?

dasbulliwagen

I stole this pic from ricksjeepster because of its nice side profile. I wanted to have a profile like that to put in paint to be able to draw out what I was thinking. Maybe use a CJ or Wrangler windsheild, modify the doors, make a canvas top for it... maybe even removable? You know, M715 style baby! Tell me what you think.

I think it'd be awesome... I've considered it myself. I think since its a uniframe design, youd have to do a whole lot of structural reinforcing to the lower end of the truck, because some of the structure is supported by the roof. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

I'm pretty sure you are correct. In most cars that are unibody the roof is important structurally...so you can't just make it a convertible, the rest of the frame/body needs to be stiffened up somewhere else.

I guess if you did a good job tying in the rollbars for the top to the unibody it would probably work pretty well. You might have to get a CJ's rollbar kit and bend it to fit and attach it to the truck's structure.