My wife drove the MJ today.... not good.

dasbulliwagen

My wife took the truck today for whatever reason, but I got a call this morning from her saying the there was "smoke" coming from the truck and coolant running out everywhere as she pulled into work. My vehicles always seem to break when she is driving them. There were at least two instances when she was driving my 68 Beetle. One time she broke a clutch cable, and another she had an exhaust valve spring break. And she seems to be able to run over every nail there is in the road... thank god for road hazard warranty on the tires I had. Walmart gave me at least three new tires under that plan for unfixable punctures near the sidewall. Just seems to be a pattern emerging here. I guess I should just keep her in the new car while it still has bumper to bumper warranty left! Ill let you know what I find when I am able to go check it out this evening.

Checked out the truck, found water dripping below the water pump... the MOPAR reman pump I put on a year ago. I think it ran low on coolant and then pressure blew past the rad cap spewing everywhere. I was hoping for a busted heater valve, but I guess Ill be getting another new pump.... maybe time for an electric fan conversion!

My vehicles always seem to break when she is driving them.

:rotf: Same here and almost without fail. Some examples.

Won't start. (left the lights on for the nth time)

Clutch doesn't work. (rested her foot on the clutch pedal while driving :no: )

AC stopped working again (blower motor has died twice, just doesn't like her)

Overheated (two blown radiators within a year, they don't like her either)

I think she just has bad Jeep karma. :D

I ordered my next reman Mopar pump, as they no longer carry new ones, ans also ordered a fan controller, found the Spal for $50, and another brand, through Keystone catalog for $58, I ordered the one through Keystone because our dealer has an account with them, and I won't pay shipping. I have a fan assy from a WJ, the one that was recalled. Sometimes people wouldnt know about the recall and replace their fan themselves out of pocket, then find out about the recall, and come in and have another new one installed. Many of the WJ's ran only the electric fan, so I think properly installed it should do fine on my 2.5. The size is similar to the radiator too. I'm going tonight to limp the truck home. Wish me luck!

I hate MOPAR reman stuff. I went through 3 reman water pumps in the same day, on the same XJ, without it leaving the shop. Parts manager finally gave the guy a new pump for the price of a reman.

And I couldn't begin to count the number of problems I have seen with the reman trannys.

That WJ fan should do you just fine. I wish I had kept the couple I had aquired the same method you did. How are you going to wire it?

That WJ fan should do you just fine. I wish I had kept the couple I had aquired the same method you did. How are you going to wire it?

I figured I would wait till I got the controller to figure out the wiring. It of course will have relays and good heavy wiring, and Ill work the rest of it out when I get to that point.

Maybe I should do the headlights to relays at the same time! Maybe, if I have time to. It would be good to do that when I swap in my Wagoneer front end. We'll see!

My wife took the truck today for whatever reason, but I got a call this morning from her saying the there was "smoke" coming from the truck and coolant running out everywhere as she pulled into work. My vehicles always seem to break when she is driving them. There were at least two instances when she was driving my 68 Beetle. One time she broke a clutch cable, and another she had an exhaust valve spring break. And she seems to be able to run over every nail there is in the road... thank god for road hazard warranty on the tires I had. Walmart gave me at least three new tires under that plan for unfixable punctures near the sidewall. Just seems to be a pattern emerging here. I guess I should just keep her in the new car while it still has bumper to bumper warranty left! Ill let you know what I find when I am able to go check it out this evening.
I can relate, my truck is like Inspector Clouseau, and my wife is obsessed like Chief Inspector Dreyfus in trying to kill my truck! Mysterious fire bombs, crazy ninjas, and projectiles from nowhere haunt her while driving my truck yet it still lives! Seriously she hates my truck and weird things happen when she drives it. ;)