wheeling ?'s

i recently got a comanche and i was wondering if it would be ok down at haspin acres indiana.. i have some friends that have jeeps and they all do ok down there. i have been down many times with my 4 wheeler but switched it up and want to try it out with a vehicle now so and suggestions possibly?? thank you :cheers:

It is very VERY important that you have some SOLID extraction attachment points front and rear. This comes before any lift or tires.

Also, some aggressive 31s will suit you just fine. :thumbsup: 33s only give 1" more ground clearance.

Gearing can easily cost over a grand. Be prepared for that. Also, don't ever spend that much on a Dana 35 rear axle. Invest your money into something that will last. :thumbsup:

Selling/trading the tires and getting some aggressive 31s would be my plan of action. Just cause it's a good deal, doesn't mean it's a good idea. :cheers:

I run 6.5" lift with 33x12.50 and have clearance issues. No bump stopping, still need to do some more cutting. The narrower 33x10.50 work pretty good with 6.5" lift. I can only imagine how badly you're rubbing the front flares when turning.

My suggestions are as above: tow hooks up front (Custom 4x4 makes some good brackets for this), some type of recovery point on the rear, like a Reese style receiver, and a set of good 31" tires.

yes i have been driving them a little off road.. they seem to work good. they are mounted on stock rims. only rubbing they have are on sway bar linkage. and I'm almost sure they are 33x9 but i will double check next time i get out to my buddy's house. they are a off brand. 6 ply and look very similar to the super swamper ltb's :thumbsup:

oh lol wow I'm an idiot... sorry about that... i didnt notice it went on to a second page. to be honest i hope it will be ok.. i am in the process of getting another jeep so there for as long as this one works for a few trips down there ill be sure to keep it for just parts... or if anyone is interested to buy these tires or even trade let me know... like i said i am new to all of this so there for idk all the facts.. i just jumped on a good deal and might actually of done the wrong thing :dunce: thank you

Well, you shouldn't have any clearance problems in the rear jamminz.gif

If you are on a tight budget ... just run what ya got and have fun with it. Don't put money into it right away ... get a feel for it and then make decisions.

Oh, and get some tow points like Pete said. They are the most important thing you need for wheeling.

I wish you the best of luck at Haspin. I hate that place... Every time we go someone breaks something bad (and not cause of hard wheeling) and the mud is just way out of hand. Last time we were there we cought a 4dr JK Rubi on fire...

Not to mention the inbreeding of quads running around everywhere...

This was in January with "frozen" ground. This was probably the driest patch of mud as well.