XJ Wagoneer grill Assy

Here are a couple pics of some of the parts I took off of the Wagoneer. The grille, bumper, and skid plates.

I'm going to try to get the front doors with power windows, locks and vent windows too, and probablt the right front fender with the power antenna seeing as how mine in crushed in.

Too keep this tech, is it very hard to wire in the power locks and windows, Ive yet to do a search because I don't have the doors yet. Thanks Guys!

I got the front doors, and fenders today. At some point they will go on my Comanche. Maybe by this winter or during this winter Ill get all my stuff put on the truck including the 4x4 conversion. here's some more pics.

THE DOORS AND FENDERS

AND THE POOR BASTARD IT ALL CAME FROM

AND ITS PERFECT INTERIOR

Cash for clunkers claims another rust free XJ, one of 4 on our lot, not including 2 ZJ's

WHAT A WASTE

Very very nice. Would love to find a comparable Waggy like this one down here. If you change your mind about the front conversion for your MJ, you know where to reach me. :cheers: Have you considered the 97+ front end? :D If I can not find a nice Waggy, I will prolly go that way.

I got the front doors, and fenders today. At some point they will go on my Comanche. Maybe by this winter or during this winter Ill get all my stuff put on the truck including the 4x4 conversion. here's some more pics.

Are you planning on keeping the wood grain? If so, will you extend it to the bed? Not sure how it would look, but that would definitely be different. :hmm:

Willy

Almost 10 years ago I stumbled upon a picture of a Comanche with the Waggy front end and woodgrain. In 2000-1 JU had a humongous server crash and I was never able to locate that pic again. As I recall it looked distinctive, I seem to recall seeing woodgrain on 80's Dodge Rampages as well.

The guys here at work are kidding me about adding the woodgrain to the truck, but I really don't think I will be keeping it. And one thing that has me dissappointed is that the trim above and below the woodgrain has little wholes drill their lenght to keep the trims on. One thing Ill have to address when I finnally paint would be filling those little holes.

I did used to have a Grand Wagoneer, so Ive done the woodgrain thing once. Now its someone elses turn! :yes:

• 11 years later...
On 8/5/2009 at 4:38 PM, Eagle said:

Don't do it!

Just take the grille, don't take the header and quad headlights. Those headlights are worse than useless. And the take a very non-standard bulb so there is essentially no upgrade path.

You'll be sorry.

I have 2nd gen XJ Waggy quad headlight setup with a ZJ grille on my XJ Cherokee. I also have a complete 2nd gen XJ Waggy grille & quad headlight setup. Also part of another 2nd gen XJ Waggy header assembly.

FB_IMG_1622950539904.jpg

Just now, JeepGuy48 said:

I have 2nd gen XJ Waggy quad headlight setup with a ZJ grille on my XJ Cherokee. I also have a complete 2nd gen XJ Waggy grille & quad headlight setup. Also part of another 2nd gen XJ Waggy header assembly.

FB_IMG_1622950539904.jpg

The quad headlight setup now has an LED conversion kit to upgrade to replaceable LED bulbs.  Those sealed beam lamps are hard to find... I squirrel away any that I find for backups.   They were only used on XJ Waggys and a few GM vehicles... quite rare!

On 6/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, Kaiserman said:

Nice. I like that rear bumper. Did the brackets bolt on or did you have to modify them?

I had to custom make brackets to bolt the XJ rear bumper on. They are the square plates that come down from the rear edge of the bed in the pics. Not shown is the forward supports that are welded to the plates to tie into existing bolt holes in the rear frame rails. 

IMG_20200120_170538227.jpg.969f6e8eaa2f4c8c8765c58121f66dcc.jpgIMG_20200120_171130140.jpg.16479255a6f5866b167a4a5db5feb379.jpg