Out of Blinker Fluid... Blinkers not working

88 MJ, Auto

Can't for the life of me figure this out... Maybe not trying hard enough. Anyway the MJ's blinkers quit working a few days ago. When we turned on the headlights the right turn arrow on the gauge is stuck green but when we go to turn the blinkers on (right or left) nothing happens.

Currently we pulled all the lights out of the lenses and checked them with headlights on, and emergency lights(blinkers) on. They all work fine and all the filaments look good. Could it be a fuse or something in the column or the switch that is bad?? I gave me Haynes manual away when I sold the XJ last year. Didn't realize it until I went to look for it and remembered it was under the back seat! Ugghhhhh......

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Did you check the flasher units on the fuse box???

That would be the first thing to check, just switch the 4 way flasher with the turn signal, and if that's the problem, replace the flasher unit with a metal HD unit.

If not, then more than likely, you have a bad socket, check the front sockets first.

Also, if you buy flasher fluid in the gallon can, you can save quite a bit of $$$ over buying it in little pint cans.

When you turn your headlights on and a turn indicator stays lit up, it means one of your side lights is out. I usually give mine a good open handed whack-a-roo and they straighten out :D

Also, if you buy flasher fluid in the gallon can, you can save quite a bit of $$$ over buying it in little pint cans.

Thanks Wildman.. I'll check that out too, I knew there was a little more to it...

I think Costco might be having a sale on the Kirkland Brand flasher fluid by the case!! :cheers:

Crazy thing ... I have this EXACT problem.

Does your front driver side blinker still work?

No, left or right neither works. However the emergency flashers do work though... I'll take a look at it later this week. Too much work these days.

I have never had to look at my mj.......so far......but most vehicles use a seperate flasher for the turn signals and 4 way flashers. Therefore yo can have a bad flasher that won't blink for turn signals but still have the 4 ways work fine.