Egr valve

EGR has nothing to do with oil. The EGR allows exhaust into the intake.

Are you talking the PCV system on the top of the valve cover? If you are, then yes.

Cherokees and Comanches are pretty much identical from the doors forward. Everything in the engine bay is identical. Front suspension is identical with the exception that the LCA frame mounts on the MJ are a little beefier.

So basically, anything on the motor is going to be interchangeable with any 87-90 4.0 XJ/MJ.

Whoever told you that either doesn't know what they're talking about, or is somehow trying to get money out of you.

The EGR is just a pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold, and is controlled by the valve to allow a small amount of exhaust into the intake. The EGR was completely done away with in 91.

Your pcv valves may be crudded up and stuck, which will cause oil to blow by into the air filter. Very common on both the 2.5 and 4.0. The valves are located inside the valve cover, underneath the two big hoses going to it.

i had blowby and changed to the steel baffled cover and all my blowby problems disappeared.i gave less than $20 for the cover and used a new model perma seal fel-pro gasket.no more blowby and leaky vc.it's a well worth small project.

I read a post quick about a mod to the valve cover but not in depth. So you can just un hook it? I need to replace my valve cover gasket anyway so I guess I will pull it apart and clean it up.

It sounds like you are getting the egr valve and CCV hoses confused? Are you asking anout the egr on the driver side near the intake or are you asking about the hoses coming from the valve cover?