Project Frankienstien

Well I'm not new here but this will be my first build that i let anyone eles in on. I found this 91 short bed eliminator sometime ago for about $350 and dragged it home. The motor was toast along with most of the wiring couldnt find any of the bolts to try and put some stuff back on it till i found a new motor. :headpop: :headpop: The plain was to drop in a SBC maybe a TPI from a vette or something like that. give it a small lift nothing big maybe 4" just for a good DD show off kind of thing.

Then i found this bad boy jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

2002 LS1 out of a WS6 TA. I found out that this was one of many that left gm with the LS6 block and LS1 dressings. Their is a big debate over how much HP their really is but for now I'm just going with about 350 for the fun of it till i get it on a dyno.

Did a bit more today got the mounts in And moved a few things forward because the t350 is shorter then the AW4. New tranny made it to me by lunch time so maybe by this weekend ill have the motor and tranny in and bolted down. I might have to follow CW's lead and stiffin the frame a bit, But not to sure its pretty clean under their don't see any rust where it would warrent a patch.

I had to make sure they fit right and drilled two new holes for more support

Thanks i hope it dosent become a PITA tryin to get it done before summer ends. Still waiting for 4 more parts. Headers, radiator and now i have to find a NP208 tc. I already have the painless harness for the LS1. Also got a Dana 44 front from a 2004 Rubicon with 4.10 gears and a set of 4.10's on the shelf for the rear. I'm hoping thats the right gear ratio :dunno:

Yea i kind of figured it would be tight but good god not that tight. Went home for lunch and messed with it a bit. I just looks close is all. Oh and sorry for not getting back sooner the Radiator come in to work today. Opened the box and got all tingly like real fast think i leaked a littel bit up front their :doh: ;) :rotf: I feel better now that i went to the rest room :D

Sorry about that last comment but not as sorry as I'm going to be when She finds out what i did. Thats was probably the batch that would have done the trick of breeding her :fool: but this is the reason for pasting my could have been son to my leg

To me thats a thing of beauty :drool:

:banana: :banana: Got it in their finally it thought it was going to be harder then it really was. still kind of close on the drivers side tons of room in the back by the firewall as well as the pass side. I am just waiting on the headers and TC witch I'm having no luck in finding.

I think I'm taking friday off from it and clean up the shop some. Anyone got an NP208 that came of an j10 or grand waggy 80 on up will work.

Thanks for the complaments and advice to this point and i hope i get this done by the end of summer.

Got the rad and fans put in this weekend got the kick down cable made up and put in. Still need to get the tranny lines made up along with drive shafts, fuel lines, and rad hose's. But on the brite side i found my TC now i have to rebuild it :doh:

The big tube is the power steering cooler that came off the WS6 :dunno: I think i might ues it none the less

Thanks for stayin tuned.

it's a good projet, i look a few monts ago a jeep cherokee with a 6.0 of chevy silverado 2000 with 4x4 this cherokee was more fast in the sand drags racings but this owner cut the fire wall metal for install the engine more on the center of the car for more traccion and he install a radiator more bigger :cheers:

Not to much to update still waiting for parts to come in :( so i took the time to work on the inside for a bit. I had been working on the center console for a few days here and their and finally started to get somewhere with it. I'm starting to have this thing for chrome i found a bunch at a scrap yard for next to nothing so i picked up the biggest piece's i could find after maybe $35 i had a 4'x 4' piece plus abit more medium sized one's. This is what i have put together so far.

Its not bolted down or anything yet cause there is more of it to come i ll work on it as time allows comes i still need to figure in space for the B&M Z gate shifter thats a waiting it's home. Also got the new track bar in now if the guy would finish the Dana 44 i can get it put on and start getting the drive line made.

Yea i was thinking about that :hmm: Only problem i need to figure out is what type of reinforcement is needed plate or that hole with the pipe welded in between the outside's of the rail. I have seen a pic on here where someone had done it but can't find it now. I'm more concerned with where it is most more prone to fail. I think CW kind of pointed out where i need to focus a bit of attention between the bed and cab. Thanks for your input none the less this is my first unibody build and I'm not to sure what is going to take or not take. image_209027.gif

Not to much to update still waiting for parts to come in :( so i took the time to work on the inside for a bit. I had been working on the center console for a few days here and their and finally started to get somewhere with it. I'm starting to have this thing for chrome i found a bunch at a scrap yard for next to nothing so i picked up the biggest piece's i could find after maybe $35 i had a 4'x 4' piece plus abit more medium sized one's. This is what i have put together so far.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Its not bolted down or anything yet cause there is more of it to come i ll work on it as time allows comes i still need to figure in space for the B&M Z gate shifter thats a waiting it's home. Also got the new track bar in now if the guy would finish the Dana 44 i can get it put on and start getting the drive line made.

What happened to the pictures? :redX:

Willy

• 4 weeks later...