Stupid brother in law

dasbulliwagen

Just heard from my mother that my sisters husband recently told her that he is not happy in their relationship... this being after she found out she was pregnant with their second child! WTF??? This guy is a major tool. He has more wierd, annoying , stupid quirks than anyone I have ever met. I really don't know what my sister sees in him. He is one of those guys that only wants to sit and play video games or watch football....NOTHING ELSE!!! He doesnt mow their lawn like he should, or shovel the driveway, take out the trash, deal with their vehicles maintenance, handle issues with repairmen if they need one... he makes my stupid sister (bless her) do everything. He doesnt want to deal with any strange people. He will barely say two words to my mother! And only if he has to! And his eating habits... he will only eat fried chicken, bisquits/rolls, steaks and french fries... THATS IT! I mean THATS IT! Nothing else. And HE'S not happy??? Maybe he should move back in with his mommy, because it sure sounds like thats what he wants. He is a factory worker at a major auto parts supplier company whos laying people off left and right... has no formal eduction ( not that theres anything wrong with that), I mean he just won't do anything unless it means money or something that will make HIM happy. Self centered SOB! I wish someone would give him a reality check, but knowing the situation, I know that will never happen.

Anyone else have any stupid brother/ sister in law stories?

I just hope I'm not that guy to my wifes sister. I don't think I am, but you never know.

soapbox.gif

Anyone else have any stupid brother/ sister in law stories?

I just hope I'm not that guy to my wifes sister. I don't think I am, but you never know.

soapbox.gif

Well, first, because you recognize the stupidity of your BiL and are angry about it, and worry that you could be the same toward your wife, I would say you are not! We can always do better, though, when it comes to caring for and loving the gift God gave to us of a wife!

Sadly, sometimes someone is so "taken" by another they can't see how they really are, and when they do, blame themselves. your sister in law will need your and her sisters help to not blame herself. So, what is he not "happy" about? Is he saying this because he wants to vacate his parental responsibility, or that your SiL is not catering to his every lazy whim (which she should not).

Prayers ascend for your family in this situation!

man that sucks, well my bro and sis arent even old enough to get married, so i don't have any real stories yet, just high school drama, but this guy will deserve what he gets eventually, after you saying what all he eats, thats jus a health problem waiting to happen, and if he does move back with his mommy, shes not going to be around to take care of him forever, and hopefully there won't be anyone else who would want to take care of him either, like my dad always says, "every pig has their day" this little piggy will have his day, pretty soon the way hes eatting, all you really need to do is stick close to your family, jus help your sis out with whatever she needs, especially now that shes pregnant, and already has a kid, thats going to be a real hardache on her,

My guess is that Mr. Wonderful suddenly decided he isn't happy because he suddenly realized that he may soon be responsible for yet another mouth to feed. And that another child in the house means there will be less attention directed to/at/on him.

On the bright side, maybe he'll decide he's REALLY unhappy, and do your sister a favor and bail out. It might seem rough on your sister in the short term, but in the long term it might be much better to unload the baggage now rather than down the road.

well.

my mom is mad at my sister (sister is 24 or 25)

because every time she breaks up with a boyfriend, the VERY NEXT guy who shows interest in her ends up being the next one.

and the current one....he's a sally girly man.

230lbs of softness. not a calous on his hand. cheesy romantic loser who likes to spend all his free time cooking, eating, or (and this is his preferred) having my sister cook for him.

he left my mom stranded on a bridge between dubuque IA and the WI border, when her oldsmobile mini van broke down (overheated, blew head gasket, wrecked trans....she shouldn't have been driving it anyways). she repeated FIVE TIMES to him that she needed anti-freeze. his response was "is there anything you need me to do?". finally she got fed with that, and he left.

he couldn't even get the radiator cap off the van.

what a pus.

dasbulliwagen, your BiL sounds like a genuinely useless fellow. Support your sis the best you can, and if things go sour prey for a quick divorce and make sure she has a good lawyer (as much as they are all bloodsucking parasites, sometimes you need one). It doesn't sound like he'd be overly capable of caring for children, so it'd be best not to let him have the chance. Besides, it's probably (I can't say personally) better for the children if any desire for a divorce is settled now, while they're (very) young.

If your sister is a good woman, and it sounds like she is - get it over with quick, and she can get on with her life and start looking for a caring father for her two children if she so chooses. Not all the guys out there are scared off by the prospect of having a "package deal" as we say back home. In fact, sometimes that attracts the right kind of guy better. :)

Good luck to her. :cheers:

He is one of those guys that only wants to sit and play video games or watch football....NOTHING ELSE!!! He doesnt mow their lawn like he should, He doesnt want to deal with any strange people.

:hmm: , I resemble that remark :oops: . She will be better off without him!

He is one of those guys that only wants to sit and play video games or watch football....NOTHING ELSE!!! He doesnt mow their lawn like he should, He doesnt want to deal with any strange people.

:hmm: , I resemble that remark :oops: . She will be better off without him!

I have a little trouble motivating myself into lawn work, too...hate it. :ack:

I say you should have a little fun with the BiL before he goes. Put eyedrops in his drinks, cut the connectors off the coax that brings signal to the house, and replace his game cd's with burned copies of enya.

My sister lives in Michigan, and I'm in North Carolina, so theres not much I can do with the situation, not that I would anyways, just not that kind of person. I doubt he will go anywhere. He has to know, at least just a little bit, that hes not going to have it any better anywhere else. They come to NC to visit every once in a while, and I bite my lip for the sake of keeping the peace. I just smile and nod when he tells me what he would really like to be able to do, knowing full well that he has neither the brains or the ability to do any of it, just hoping that he won't really try anything and take my sister down with him. The SOB actually seems to be a good father to their first kid, Peyton. I just worry about how many his stupid values and habits he will pick up. My mother keeps him quite a bit, so hopefully some of what she gave me will get into him too. We can only hope.

Thanks for the support guys!