Quick and to the point.

Automan2164

Anyone have some pics of MJ's with the 5.5 RE lift? I am planning on using it, but can only find 2-3 comanches through google and cardomain with them on... Also, if you have the lift installed, any probs, things you would change, or stuff you did in addition to the lift? Just any info on the lift/stuff is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob L.

Yeah, I would be interested to see more. It looks like those 33" meats are a little stuffed under there :dunno: . Would you change tire sizes? Maybe a 31 or 32? I take it that is your truck. Anything else you did to it besides the RE kit? SYE, CV DS... Satisfied with how it turned out? Looks good :yes: . Sorry for the q's. Just want to be sure I have all the ducks in a row.

Thanks again,

Rob L.

Off topic Lead, but is that a factory stripe decal on the white MJ Pioneer? Have never seen that one before. Looks good!

Yes it is. I agree it looks good, but sometimes on the trails it plays with your eyes and you think your going crazy. :hmm:

And Pete, Bob's got a few big dings in the bed now. I'll let him tell ya how he did it. :rotfl2:

Anyone have some pics of MJ's with the 5.5 RE lift? I am planning on using it, but can only find 2-3 comanches through google and cardomain with them on... Also, if you have the lift installed, any probs, things you would change, or stuff you did in addition to the lift? Just any info on the lift/stuff is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob L.

Hey Automan,

I have the RE 5.5" kit with 33" tires on my MJ. Check out my build-up page here -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8051&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=105= . I have plenty of pictures and information about the install on page 8 above. If you can't get your answers to you questions in there, give me a shout back and I will be happy to help out :cheers: . - Rich

Looks better on the white I think.

l_99bc121816e5484ead1a3b5c1ec7ad09.jpg

Hmmm. That version of side decals is not even shown in my MJ Manual, only the hockey stick style for the Pioneers. Might just be a dealer installed trim like mine is. :D

Thanks Drahcir. I am just getting opinions at this point. Basically, if I buy the kit, and just want get it going with that, am i going to need to suppliment anything, or is the kit it? Well, here are some specific q's i guess. I'll post them here rather than PM, so everyone can see.

1. What are you running for driveshafts?

2. I see you have 4.56's and 33's, happy with the gearing?

I have a 297 D30, and 27 8.25 with 4.10's I plan on using.

3. Anything else needed besides what comes with the kit to complete the lift?

4. Anything you would change?

5. Anyone have any qualms with my axle setup I am reaching for(for running 33's)?

Thanks,

Rob L.

Automan,

1. What are you running for driveshafts? Stock rear drive shaft works, until I get the SYE installed. I changed the front axle to a 44, so I need a custom front shaft. Can't say anything about the front stock shaft.

2. I see you have 4.56's and 33's, happy with the gearing? The only problem is that at 70 mph it eats gas - which I do for over an hour a day. If I had a six speed it would be perfect. Other than on the highway (isn't that bad mind you) it is a lot of fun. If I didn't have that highway commute, I would never even think about the gearing.

3. Anything else needed besides what comes with the kit to complete the lift? Shocks ~ I added the brace and adj. control arms, that may be it?!?. I will update the list if I think of anything I missed.

4. Anything you would change? No, I am 100% sold on the RE set up. I would upgrade to the bigger ZJ sway bar. :cheers: I hope that helps you - Rich

Thanks again rich. Your build up page was really helpful also. I was tossing up a SWB or LWB, but yours looks great. Pete, Yeah, I know the 27 spline isnt the best, but I was just looking for something to get me by. Step over the 35, figure i'll wheel it 'til it breaks, and upgrade later. I was pretty much sold on the RE stuff too. Just wanted to make sure I looked at it from all angles.

Thanks again, :cheers:

Rob L.

The only problem is that at 70 mph it eats gas - which I do for over an hour a day. If I had a six speed it would be perfect. Other than on the highway (isn't that bad mind you) it is a lot of fun. If I didn't have that highway commute, I would never even think about the gearing.

Your brick eats gas at 70? Somehow I doubt there's a gear ratio out there that would change that fact. :D

Automan,

1. What are you running for driveshafts? Stock rear drive shaft works, until I get the SYE installed. I changed the front axle to a 44, so I need a custom front shaft. Can't say anything about the front stock shaft.

2. I see you have 4.56's and 33's, happy with the gearing? The only problem is that at 70 mph it eats gas - which I do for over an hour a day. If I had a six speed it would be perfect. Other than on the highway (isn't that bad mind you) it is a lot of fun. If I didn't have that highway commute, I would never even think about the gearing.

3. Anything else needed besides what comes with the kit to complete the lift? Shocks ~ I added the brace and adj. control arms, that may be it?!?. I will update the list if I think of anything I missed.

4. Anything you would change? No, I am 100% sold on the RE set up. I would upgrade to the bigger ZJ sway bar. :cheers: I hope that helps you - Rich

The NSG370 final drive isn't really any better than the NV3550. Just more steps.

The only problem is that at 70 mph it eats gas - which I do for over an hour a day. If I had a six speed it would be perfect. Other than on the highway (isn't that bad mind you) it is a lot of fun. If I didn't have that highway commute, I would never even think about the gearing.

Your brick eats gas at 70? Somehow I doubt there's a gear ratio out there that would change that fact. :D

Haha, good point. All I know is I can watch the needle on the gas gauge drop at that speed.

Sir Sam - I don't want either of those transmissions. I am working on adding another overdrive gear to my BA-10 using a custom gear, bailing wire and JB Weld. An Over-overdrive combined with the BA-10 superior strength - priceless jamminz.gif . I hope to have my BA-10/6 up and running for the VA meet and greet at Jeff's. I will of course post up pictures - of the final product, as to not give away any trade secrets - in my build-up thread when I am done.