fred flintstone special edition MJ

pulled up the carpet this weekend and found well, very little. i could see my driveway and a frame rail full of rusty chips. i knew it was bad but not this bad. so i cut out all the rust and have two big holes in the driverside, one big hole in the passenger side, and the top of the driverside frame rail is more or less nonexistant. plans now include wire wheel the crap out of everything top and bottom, replace floors either riveted or welded, then the whole por15 process to both top and bottom then I'm not sure. what i would like to do then is do another coat of regular paint on top of the por15 then rubberized undercoat the bottom and herculiner the top but ive read every post on here and a few say not to herculine. i don't think i will put the carpet back in. its a dd but more geared to trail use and i don't think ill really miss the carpet however i don't want just a bare painted floor. looking for suggestions, options, experiences. how about undercoating the top and bottom? whats better?

actually i would much rather not have gotten this option however it seems that any mj that was purchased in the northeast develops this option over time. eventually it takes over the whole truck. this is what they call the eliminator option because it "eliminates" comanches :doh:

lol yeah mine's the same way... when i bought it it was completely rust and rot free except for a hole in the floor on the pass. side... it was rainy and nasty here all last week so i cleaned it on sunday.... i pulled the d. side floormat and found a puddle underneath it.... a quick look at the underside confirmed that the d. side floor pan is now broken through too, no rust on it at all just broken to pieces around the body drain.... i've come to the conclusion that amc engineered these trucks to dissolve in the rain.. i can't come up with any other explanation... it had 98k miles when i bought it 2 years ago and no rot save for the one hole, which is quite rare up here in NE.. it gets garaged well before the first snowflake of winter hits the ground and removed from hibernation usually at the beginning of april... i need to fix it (and many other things) but the jeep can't go out of commission till i get the trans in the chevy rebuilt and i can drive that again... arghhhh!