New Bumper For Me...........Hornbrod Style

WahooSteeler

From the day I got my truck 18 mos ago, I've been dying to replace my tweaked and rusted stock chrome rear bumper. Since I don't do much more than some light trail running and mostly just hauling trash or mulch, I wanted an OEM replacement because I am apparently one of the few that thinks it looks good, and based on my usage it probably would not have a high potential for getting banged up other than me just backing in to something. :dunce: But, finding a NEW OEM, as most of you know, is a needle in a haystack. First Jeepco had a line on a handful of NOS from a dealer going out of business, but then that deal fell through before I could buy one. Then Taz found a few in NOS at some dealers around the country, but then he lost his job (I'm sure he could still get it for me) and I still didn't have $250 to put towards a new bumper. A regular but futile search for a decent used one on ebay, craigslist, jeepforum, car-part.com and of course CC proved fruitless. I didn't really like too many aftermarket ones, but then I saw some guys getting 98-04 S-10 bumpers to fit w/out too much trouble. Hmmmmm, I like the look.....a lot. So I bagged the OE idea and went hunting for S-10 bumpers for the last 90 days. Now since I don't have a golden horseshoe shoved up my rear to fall across the $25 junkyard and craiglist deals like some people around here, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this no-scratch no-dent bad boy for $125 shipped to me. It'll need some plate lights from the JY since the PO kept them for the plate cutout on his rollpan, but that shouldn't be more than a few bucks. Got it this morning! :banana:

ohhhhh ahhhhhh purrddyyy :drool:

now quit typing and get it on your truck :D

:rotfl2:

I plan to use this as the reason to finally start a project thread. :chillin:

And Don, that was my plan on the OE brackets if possible because I definitely want to put a hitch back on. The current one has a wee bit of rust on it.

Depending schmending, whattaya tryin' to tease me or something? Lemme know when that time comes......

nah, just lettin ya know what I have lyin around so you are aware parts are somewhere at least. this time I actually have the part (instead of relying on others to get it...I'm mad, with the 3800 going black most likely, a factory chrome would be nice...)

• 1 year later...

Hello Jeff, Merry Christmas. Yeah, I should get on here a little more often. Me and Sugarfoot we still get on down the trail. We have not worked a disaster in a while though. No real hurricanes in a couple of years now. I'm being kind to her. She likes her stable mate. A 91 Infiniti M30 convertible. Best 1200.00 car I ever bought. 3 years ago I bought it, jumped in and drove coast to coast and border to border about 90% with the top down. Runs like a top and the best steal out there. 15,000 made over 3 years. It doesn't have to work so hard to get to 80 MPH either. Did I mention the gas mileage?