HO Fuel Sending Unit

The balls. They are holy.

A quick google of the part number (chp10148) pulled up a couple posts from October. A member here used it, said he had to bend a couple tabs and reverse polarity for a Renix but it worked.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/48649-shopping-for-a-fuel-cell/

It also pulled up a naxja orphan thread from around the same time with a reference to a chp10147 being the same with reverse polarity, presumably for Renix.

http://store.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1123509

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I installed it last night in my 88 with a 94 HO wiring harness. I do say throw the pump away. It is stupid loud and I am very irritated I have to pull it all apart again to toss in the carter pump.

Good gracious! My prayers have been answered. New england has slowly been reclaiming my sending unit as its own again (rusting). And I've been covering it with seal all and hoping for the best for at least a year now. And for $80 even if you didn't need one. Its worth the investment invade they go MIA again.

Yeah, I installed it last night in my 88 with a 94 HO wiring harness. I do say throw the pump away. It is stupid loud and I am very irritated I have to pull it all apart again to toss in the carter pump.

There have been a few reports here of Carter pumps dying early, but they are still better than the Airtex junk. The Bosch pumps seem to be the most reliable and quietest.

curious though, why does autozone list for $72 but everywhere else ive cross referenced the part number (hp10148)  its $120-180? not that I'm complaining but that's a pretty big markup... makes me wonder if the qualities truly the same

I had the renix pump and sender before. Only real difference I noticed as far as fit goes is the arm for the fuel level sender and the strainer point the opposite direction from the renix assembly that I did have

well just called my local autozone, they said theyd get one sent up and call me later today,  so when I get it, ill post a in person pic to maybe compare it more closely with your NOS one Don.

Here's some pics of the Mopar 01-92 MJ sender:

Image Not Found

So auto zone called me. Part came in. Drive down and opened the box... and it was NOWHERE close to bring correct. Sticker said CHP10148 but the pump was dead straight and only like 6" long. No clue what it is suppose to go to. But there ordering a new one. And should be in tomorrow

Yeah there was some kind of part number change. I think the one I got was a DHP in their computer box showed chp number their inventory scan gun showed the DHP part number when they scanned it.

AKHaDoG.jpg

here it is! so couple things.... it uses straight external fittings rather then ~90*s, it looks like the supply/return are swapped, the pump/float is 180* off. but overall the dimensions look pretty close.  also, it came with a new lock ring and o-ring included.

So after having it in a week I will say it is more accurate than my Cherokee. In my Cherokee it stays pegged at full for about 100 miles. In the Comanche with this sending unit it sits at full and slowly works down till empty proportionally with the mileage.