Any 2wd MJ's with 97-01 conversion?

has anyone ever seen a 2wd MJ with the 97-01 conversion??

i am in the process of purchasing a 91 2wd MJ and i want to do a full 97+ conversion (interior, exterior, engine, tranny).

don't blast me for this but i already have a 2000 XJ with a 5.5 lift and 33's so the need for another lifted rig isn't necessary, so i was hoping to keep it 2wd..

i was wondering if anyone on here has or has seen this done... pics??

I'm not going to slam it or but 22's on it, i may to some mild lowering and put some 18's on it..

any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

try this... I want a street MJ too.

This would be how I would build a street MJ... :D

ZJ upcountry coils with 1-2 coils removed

The largest swaybar that an ZJ uses

Add a rear swaybar

Custom stiff rear springs built for proper ride hieght mounts relocated as needed.

Bilstein 7100 shocks

8000rpm Mopar 340 built, camed, with aluminum heads for about 450hp :chillin:

A 150 shot of nitrous for kicks jamminz.gif

Built TF999 3000rpm stall converter and a reverse manual valvebody

NP242HD Dodge transfercase

In cab adjustable proportioning valve

WJ front knuckles and brakes

ZJ rear discs

97+ nose fenders and doors

Cowl hood

Plum Crazy paint

The tire / axle combo would be non-disconnect D30 with a true track geared, 4.10 frt gears with 275/35ZR19 tires and Rear D44 with a detroit locker, 4.88 rear gears with 305/40ZR22 tires.

This would have a top speed of 154mph at 8000rpm and spin 3500rpm at 65mph. That would be a 26.5"x10.9" front tires and a 31.5"x12.4" rear tires. A 340 will happily spin 3500 rpm all day long. :thumbsup:

Find me a rust free MJ and I'll build it. :brows:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

If i can recall, i might know someone who actually might have all materials needed to complete. There are a couple of sections of firewall that are different(according to him) so he actually has the cut out sections to weld in. Interior only, but complete. Out of a rolled 01 with 920 miles on it. Let me check and get back to you.

Rob L.

Check out the projects in the projects forum. There are a couple guys doing the full 97+ interior, plenty of guys doing variations of the 97+ exterior, and a few that are dropping their 2wds. :thumbsup:

i didnt drop mine, still on stock suspension, and did the +97 front clip swap about 6-7 years ago.

i would love to do the interior swap and "newer" cherokees are becoming more popular in the junk yards so i still may find one.

here's my 2wd:

4639973full.jpg

i still have a 91 MJ 4wd that i use in the woods, and "almost" ready to get an inspection on my '91 YJ.

havent decided what I'm going to do with the YJ yet.