The Beginning

So I have not brought this home yet, but I have title in hand. So I am the new owner of a '91 MJ pile of crap.......... :yes:

I am a 6 year member of NAXJA. This will be Jeep number 4, '91 XJ, '94 XJ, '99 XJ, '91 MJ. The only aspiration I had over my current rig was a SB MJ. So when I decided to sell the XJ, finding that MJ was the only logical choice. Building up a new rig is not in the budget right now, but I could not pass this up. 1991 SB Sport Truck, 2wd, 2.5L, 5 Speed. California truck, rust free. I picked it up for $400 to save it from the scrapper. It will be a good year before I touch this thing, but I have it when I'm ready. This thread, though not being updated anytime in the near future will chronicle the new life of this little rig. I will post some pics when I bring it home Monday night. Don't think there is straight panel on the truck, but nothing that can't be replaced. I'm basically using it for the rust free body. Over time, expect almost every stock piece from this truck to end up in the dumpster. This is all I have for now.

Sorry to intrude on your thread, but thanks I've been wanting to do Wj steering on my mj. Do you have a better pic of how you did the passenger side swaybar mount on the axle end? Good luck with your mj, it looks like you have a good starting point.

Sorry to intrude on your thread, but thanks I've been wanting to do Wj steering on my mj. Do you have a better pic of how you did the passenger side swaybar mount on the axle end? Good luck with your mj, it looks like you have a good starting point.

No worries........ :chillin:

Just came right off the tube, tied into the factory TB mount/coil mount/OAB. Cookie cutter JKS sway link bracket.

Image Not Found

Came across this little gem today................ :doh:

You're not the first. I've got this on my white one too.

:dunno: I can't imagine why this happens. How hard do people slam their doors :???:

You're not the first. I've got this on my white one too.

:dunno: I can't imagine why this happens. How hard do people slam their doors :???:

When the door starts to sag it causes the latch to be too low and does not hit the catch on the center. This makes the door not want to shut completely. In turn people slam the doors shut harder to close them.

Build Sheet

SE Decor Group

Monotone Paint

75 Amp Alternator

430 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

Power Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes

Straight Back Bench Seat

Black Vinyl Floor Covering

Mini Floor Console

All Manual Transmissions

5-Speed Manual Transmission

4.10 Axle Ratio

175MM Rear Axle

2.5L Power Tech I-4 Engine

Tinted Glass Windows

Tinted Windshield Glass

Front Door Tinted Glass

Fixed Door Vent Glass

Left Manual Mirror

Pwr Htd Drvr Memory Mirrors, F/Away

Heater w/Instrument Pnl Ventilation

Analog Instrument Cluster

85 MPH Primary Speedometer

shift Indicator Warning Lamp

Glove Box Lamp

Halogen Headlamps

Black Front Bumper

Front License Plate Bracket

Black Grille

Bright Windshield Moldings

Upper Door Frame Moldings

Belt Moldings

California Emissions

EVAP Control System

18.5 Gallon Fuel Tank

Delete Radio

Manual Steering

2-Spoke Soft Feel Steering Wheel

Standard Duty Shock Absorbers

Rear Shock Absorbers

Compact Spare Tire

Tire Carrier Winch

P195/65R15 BSW AS Touring Tires

Michelin Brand Tires

15X6.0 Styled Steel Wheels

All Steel Wheels

Pickup Box

Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

5 Additional Gallons of Gas

Rear Spring Group I

GVW/Payload Rating

Left Front Spring Group Vi

Right Front Spring Group V

-Radio Delete, -Manual Steering, and then "Power Heated Driver Memory Mirrors, Fold Away". :rotf:

Looks like more issues with the computer programs that try to decipher Chrysler's records. :yes:

-Radio Delete, -Manual Steering, and then "Power Heated Driver Memory Mirrors, Fold Away". :rotf:

Looks like more issues with the computer programs that try to decipher Chrysler's records. :yes:

I know right, I got a kick out of that........... :clapping:

• 11 months later...

So, sad story, but I figured I'd close out this thread. I ended up relocating to the Oregon coast. I couldn't drag the MJ with me during the move. I sold it to a friend who had intended to build it. He came across a nicer '91 for almost free. So he parted mine and sent it to the scrapper............... :(

I'm looking for a clean '92 shortbox to be the basis of my project now. I know, good luck right?