Does anyone make new stock height leaf springs?

Lift the truck :thumbsup:

I did. But TOO much. The front is now at about 5 inches and I have 3" leafs in the back. I'm going SOA, but I'll need stock packs, or I'll end up with 8 inches in the back.

:wall: :wall: :popcorn:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I know, I know ..... I should have listened to you in the first place.

Some things a guys just has to learn the hard way.

C'mon, I'm completely new to this whole offroad thing ..... I'll learn.

car-part.com Might be tough to find good condition leafs in PA though. I got a great set from Florida and picked them up on the return trip from Disney last year. :D Also, the site doesn't really differentiate between 2wd/4wd and 2wd MJs are an inch shorter than 4wd. Might be better to get 2wd in your case since some guys have gotten over 6" when going soa with 4wd leafs.

A spring shop here in Milwaukee has stock springs on hand. They can also order in the other different spring rate choices.

For some extra money they can get all of the choices of load range springs from Stanley Springs too.

I could always grab a set from the junk yard I suppose.

Could I just take a leaf out of my 3" packs? And maybe use some longer perches to avoid axle wrap?

Bingo.... that is what I would do... Mine are 2WD springs, and they have plenty of lift w/SOA.

I got a question. I got a 2wd short bed and converting it to 4x4. Will my recent stock springs be fine or should I look for 4x4 springs? I put a 2 inch coil spacer in the front but took out the factory insulator. It sits right aroundthe height I want.

I got a question. I got a 2wd short bed and converting it to 4x4. Will my recent stock springs be fine or should I look for 4x4 springs? I put a 2 inch coil spacer in the front but took out the factory insulator. It sits right aroundthe height I want.

I would put the stock coil spring isolators back in, between the 2" poly isolators and the body. Running JUST poly isolators makes for a harsher ride. The rear springs are fine. You MAY want to add a lift shackle to level it out, but they will work fine for a 4WD swap.

Simon, are you going SOA because your front coils ended up being taller than you expected, or because you decided you wanted more lift? I got the impression you were happy with @4" but only decided on SOA so you could level out after your coils were too tall, not because you decided you wanted to go for 6" of lift. If that is the case, I still think selling the tall coils and finding the right size coil is easiest. If you want to go for the big lift, lots of other suggestions made make sense to me. :dunno:

Simon, are you going SOA because your front coils ended up being taller than you expected, or because you decided you wanted more lift? I got the impression you were happy with @4" but only decided on SOA so you could level out after your coils were too tall, not because you decided you wanted to go for 6" of lift. If that is the case, I still think selling the tall coils and finding the right size coil is easiest. If you want to go for the big lift, lots of other suggestions made make sense to me. :dunno:

I can see how you would think that. A normal person would just get the right size coils, but I've been looking for an excuse to go higher for some time now, and the coils are the perfect excuse. Keep an eye on my build thread to see what I actually end up doing.

Its kind of like the truck is going higher on its own, regardless of what I do ..... it has a mind of its own.