Fuel Filter quick disconnects..........on a ford

702_MJ

Ok i know this aint about a comanche but does anyone have experience with those quick disconnect fuel filter on fords. The one you need that tool for. I tore the crap out of the filter, just cuz i couldnt get the other end off the fuel filter. Broke the tool in half(crappy plastic). I need advice on how to get it off cuz now it looks like a beaten up coke can, and it aint off the bronco yet. :headpop: :wall:

I hava a set of metal disconnect tools that have always worked for me. I have had to tap the tool up into the body of the connector on a few stubborn ones. If you need a new set check these out http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=96834

They look alot like the set I bought off the snapon truck but are alot cheaper.

Oldrusty is correct - get a metal set. I had the same problem on the SHO and broke my first plastic set, and stubbornly bought another plastic set and broke it as well. The etal set did the trick.

first shoot them with penetrating oil......then do it again about an hour later.... I used plastic ones on my last engine swap on a bronco.... if there is room take a small hammer, like your wife's hammer she had before you were married..... and tap the disconnect tool into its home.....this will loosen it up and stretch that spring inside....then its just man force......wiggle and swear.....till it comes loose.....

2X on that Harbor Fright set........I paid that price for one at Advance, then found the set of 4, and bought that.........yea, 2 sets now :roll:

I've change the fuel filter so many times on my Ford, that I don't even need the line disconnects any more :oops: Of course, I've had to go with the spring stay locks.

Their a pain, on the input side because it's so short of a shaft to the filter.......keep working on it, and it will pop off.

2X on that Harbor Fright set........I paid that price for one at Advance, then found the set of 4, and bought that.........yea, 2 sets now :roll:

I've change the fuel filter so many times on my Ford, that I don't even need the line disconnects any more :oops: Of course, I've had to go with the spring stay locks.

Their a pain, on the input side because it's so short of a shaft to the filter.......keep working on it, and it will pop off.

I swear we had this conversation a few hours before this post.. :yes:

I saw a set from auto zone today for 9+ something.. It was a nice set made from aluminum...

I swear we had this conversation a few hours before this post.. :yes:

I saw a set from auto zone today for 9+ something.. It was a nice set made from aluminum...

Yea.......I think we did :hmm:

The aluminum set is a good set to get, has the 4 common sizes and comes color coded too :D